1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I've lost my way....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by silent, May 25, 2012.

1. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

and so have some others. When I started UO back in 97 it wasn't about the items or things. It was about the experience and the people. This is what kept me playing some nights until the sun came up. Now that all of the people I've played with are long gone I've focused too much on the items. I joined a large guild on my shard a while ago with hopes the larger the guild the better the chance of finding some people that I bonded with and could have adventures with. Unfortunately while everyone I've met in the guild seems nice it's just not recreating that magic from the early years I had with my old guild. I always felt out of place from the beginning. So I'm asking for what others have done who have maybe lost their focus and regained it. Start a new guild from the ground up? Play time isn't as plentiful as it once was either.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Come join us on Siege where you´ll learn that items only matters until you lose them. :)

3. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

or your house falls, lol. Its all good tho. Siege is worth it. Come start over with me!

4. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I've lost my way, too, it seems. I was planning on taking time out from UO for a while (to get RL priorities in order), then decided to just try moving to a small house and getting rid of a ton of "stuff", which I did.... but instead of logging in less, I find myself checking in most days and end up playing when I should be tending to more important things. Earlier today I was even contemplating buying a new ship, then had to ask myself, "Is this what you call taking a break?!"

Oh, I'm not going to close my account, but I plan on packing up everything, including the house, and taking a month off.

kRUXCg7 and Mirt like this.
  5. Ryna

Ryna Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I came to the conclusion that to get some of the old experience back, I am going to try to start a guild for new and returning players. Hopefully there's enough of those to make a guild, but either way I'm gonna try. :c)

6. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

There are Several great Role Play Communities that do an excellent job. I would track onje down and get integrated

7. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

We are going to try and keep luring you back just so you know. Thats how we are. I am hoping that after a month your back with a vengance.:grouphug:

Lord Nabin and kRUXCg7 like this.
  8. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

Oh, I'll most certainly be back -- can't miss that 15th anniversary, after all. But I think I'll restrict my future activities to pirate hunting with Lucy when that day comes. I'm hoping a month off will help me break - or at least lessen - the addiction. I'm not good at balancing things. *sigh*

Sevin0oo0 and Mirt like this.
  9. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That I understand but we all miss you. At least maybe I can join you on a pirate hunt.

old gypsy and Lord Nabin like this.
  10. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Argh, Hunting Pirates is fun as long as there is plenty of Rum....

11. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Silent I feel the same. When I played in 1997-1998, I was living in a magic, dangerous second world. That magic is long gone. I believe UO become to safe, to easy. You don't have to "fight" to survive.
    In old days, you did risk to lose everything. You had to be a little smart to survive and people did depend of each others.

Raptor85 likes this.
  12. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

That would be great fun!! :)

Mirt likes this.
  13. OvenBird

OvenBird Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Indeed. When I came back and a few people gave me some artifacts to start out with I just banked them, almost embarrassed to have them with such a low skill. I was sure I'd lose them. When I figured out insurance and my funds ran out I remembered that familiar sting.

14. hungry4knowhow

Stratics Veteran

Also feeling lost....and bored...

15. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That world is gone for us. It was almost like a second childhood starting out in UO, a vast and wonderous land. Now the internet is not new, games are not new. Our experiences pre-Facet split were wonderful for many of us, but that can not be recaptured and now we look back a it like an old fading sepia photograph.

Raptor85, Ryna and Ludes like this.