1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Magery] $J-Soc's$ version of The Healing Mage

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by SupSoc, May 15, 2013.

1. SupSoc

SupSoc Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Alright so I thought I would go ahead and do a write up on this temp of mine. I think it is really nice, but please comment!

REAL skills: 720 Pts
    120 Eval
    111 Magery
    109 Resist
    100 Scribe
    90 Anat
    80 Focus
    60 Healing
    50 Parry

WITH + skill items: 830 Pts
    120 Eval
    120 Magery
    120 Resist
    100 Scribe
    100 Healing
    100 Anat
    85 Parry
    80 Focus
    5 Archery

As you can see this is a pretty stacked temp. Its how I roll. The main downfall right away is that I wear a book and a shield, so I have to hurry and disarm to chug a pot. With my play-style I am able to do this. You may not. But since this is a healing mage, more often than not you will not need to chug. I am an elf and thought it was best that I went non med armor (this isn't to say that I tried and weighed my options for mage armor) I gain Stam reg as well since it is non med with the new publish.

My stats base are: 120/135HP / 70/70Stam / 106/164Mana
    My stats potted: 150/150Hp / 100/100Stam / 106/164Mana

A quick rundown:
    100 LRC
    40 LMC
    2/6 casting
    25 SDI (10 from GM scribe)
    50 EP
    45 DCI
    16 MR (+4 is from Focus, so 12 base)
    13 HPR
    20 Ref Phys (Didn't focus on this. But one could)
    25 HPI
    11 Casting focus (5 of which from GM scribe)
    + 27 Dex
    + 29 mana
    + 13 Int bonus
    15% Damage Eater

If you would like to know which items I used feel free to ask. But one is able to alter this and use different items to fit ones play style. For instance one could go mage armor and wear the spell woven britches that has +10 med, LMC, and SDI to help aid in 30 SDI (Instead of focus route)

$J-Soc$

#1 SupSoc, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

So are you using a Bloodwood suit for the HPR bonus? Have you considered running 55 LMC with a studded suit?

3. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Heh... I'll reply to this one since I doubt many have REALLY put in the time and built this template well. My version is roughly 3 years old but is still surprisingly well-built considering it just came out to 30% SDI before there was such a thing as focused mages lol. Anway... the Totals first...

Elf Faction Character.... OSI Bandaging for casting WHILE aides kick lol.

1 hand is free. (bk & no shield)
    60 DCI (overcap now yes I know.. it's 3 years old)
    100 LRC
    15 MR (Items on Suit)
    40 Enhance Potions
    30 SDI (Items) 40%SDI once you count 100 Inscription.
    131 HP / 140 Dexterity / 130 Int (All WHILE Cursed)
    (Assumes Greater STR / DEX pot, Balm of Int, Purple Petals)
    70 / 75 / 70 / 75 / 75

**Note the above resists are achieved with Magic Reflection & Reactive Armor but Magic Reflect has now changed & gives a -5% physical cap.. so the physical is actually 65 Resist.

Skills..
    100 Magery (120 with Items)
    120 Magic Resist
    120 Eval
    100 Anat
    90 Healing
    100 Inscription
    90 Med (100 with Items)

Passive MR / Sec of about 2.26.. That's a 72% increase of Socs Focus Verion = P. I really need to redo all this with an eye to reforging / Legendary Arties etc... I'm sure it could be improved a ton.

[​IMG]

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

What is your bracelet? Faction Orny?

5. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Correct.. Faction Orny. I like to record my suits like this because I'm far less likely to misplace and uploaded photo than a scratch piece of paper... I will say that the number munchkining required to get the stats right on this was a PITA. You have to know EXACTLY how stats are effected by debuffs etc and do a little man to get to your needed starting point etc.