1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Jack O Lantern Request; Dev's Plz Read

Discussion in 'UHall' started by BajaElladan, Oct 31, 2010.

1. BajaElladan

BajaElladan Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Charlemagne of Baja on behalf of many others passes on this request:

If possible, may the character names of our dearly deceased loved ones be included in Jack O Lantern names spawning???

Several asked me about this. Maybe those listed in the Memorial Forum etc.

This would mean a very great deal to so many Players.

I said Id pass on this request.

I hope it will be considered, and granted if possible.

Thank You!

2. canary

canary Guest

Why doesn't someone in your community create a character with that name, log in and then search around to get a pumpkin or jack o'lantern?

I don't mean to speak ill of those departed, but that's a lot of extra effort for the team to know who has passed when you can resolve the issue yourself fairly easily.

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I agree with Canary. Just create a character with that name.

What would be FAR more beneficial would be to PLEASE fix the spawns to be like they were a few years ago where the pumpkins spawn and just say Pumpkin until you pick it up then it takes on your name.

Running about all over heck and back looking for the ever ellusive Jack-o-lantern and then trying to find one with one of MY characters names on it is kinda like searching for that ever elusive needle in a haystack. And depending on others to help you is equally frustrating.

I tried making a post on the GL's forum to start a trade and to seek out the people who might want their jack-o-lanterns that I picked up... but that seems like a futile effort. So far It's not worked too well.

I would seriously LOVE to have jack-o-lanterns for several of my characters and my friends characters but.. honestly I do NOT see that happening with this current system.

4. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

With all due respect this is a game to play and have fun. I think if you want a memorial for your dearly deceased loved ones it should take place in real life outside of a game.

5. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Thats a shame as our thread on atlantic is working really well, there must be near 1000 lanterns up for grabs and an equal amount looking for theres.

Does GL use stratics much now? as when i played years back on GL and Europa they used a different forum to comunicate on.

Thunderz

6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If someone wants a memorial in game then all power to them.

7. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

I've added the lanterns I've found to the GL list and have already delivered three of them..

I've also seen that people are leaving the lanterns in Luna near the stable, so I'd suggest checking there.

It would be nice if the lantern spawn could be tweaked up several percent...and then only spawn the names of people currently online. That would help people to have a better chance to find theirs.

Note about the fields: If you want to make the fields spawn faster, don't just move pumpkins off to the edges. Put them in a corpse so they decay, this ups the respawn rate dramatically.

8. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Not really an advert, but I picked up a few on GL, they are on a vendor at the tram Yew gate.

They are priced at 50k but if someones name is on one and they want to claim it you can just shoot me a PM.

9. Smokin

Smokin Guest

If you dont have an extra slot maybe some nice soul here would create a character on your shard for you. PM it if someone offers and seems to be nice just watch it. I am sure you could find some upstanding people here though.

10. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Better yet, use a horde minion, then release it when full ;P

11. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'd have to say no.... quite a few people are upset by reminders of lost friends, it's one thing for them to know a memorial exists and be able to visit it at times they feel appropriate, and quite another to be reminded of their loss every time they try find a named pumpkin for themselves or their friends over Halloween.

12. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I usually skip by canary's posts, as they are usually trolls and nonsense, but I do have to say, this is a great idea that he has that players can do to fix the problem themselves. If you dont have any extra char slots you can also create a trial account just to get that pumpkin name too.

Good Luck and May These Souls Rest In Peace