1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack of all Trades confirmation

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kraftsmann, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Kraftsmann

Kraftsmann Guest

I know the it sounds like a dumb question, but if I eat a +20 scroll on a human character, with the Jack of all Trades racial ability statisticly is a 100 skill the same as having a full 120 skill? for all skills....I mean does Meditate or Focus return even a little less mana regen? and if I have 0 skill in something am I still getting the benefit of having a 20 in a skill? How about how things are calculated with say 0 Skill + Jack of all Trades + item mods + (other factors), are the the exact same as having X skill in a talent? If not what are some of the skills and how do they differ?

Has it ever been fully tested and confirmed by Dev and if so can someone point me to the post...

2. Chrille

Chrille Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Glorious Lord

Mar 3, 2004
    With JOAT you get 20 in all skills as a start value, it doesnt add to any skill.
    So if you want to have 21 in something you have to train it up to 21. If you just have 19 you will have 20 from JOAT.

Hopefully this will help you.
  3. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

aren't there instances where the '20' doesn't count and you must have Real skill?
  4. Babble

Babble Guest

For the mana reductions of special moves the joat points don't count
  5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    They used to, but the devs thought eliminating it would help "balance" PvP when all it did was make non-elven-sampire PvM templates less desirable.

They also forgot that the designers of ML (most no longer with EA) had made them deliberately count toward the special move mana cost reductions to make it to where there would still be the occasional human character. (now, the game might as well be called Elves Online).