1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack of All Trades Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Blood Ghoul, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Blood Ghoul

Oct 14, 2011
    As a human you get 20 points in each skill not shown so my question is this. As a human if you add 19 points to Focus does that give you any return? or is it cancelled by the natural 20 points you get?

Thanks all
  2. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 19, 2008
    No return. You Need higher than 20 or you might as well run zero as a human
  3. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

Sep 18, 2003
    as a human if you have anything into a skill at 20 or below its wasted.
  4. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Too bad they've heavily nerfed Jack of All Trades over the years. Them making it to where JoAT doesn't contribute to the Special Move Mana Cost Reduction really sucked. My Macer went from 20 Mana specials (12 with 40% LMC), to 30 Mana specials (18 with 40% LMC). This means when i chain specials, it went from 40 Mana (24 with 40% LMC) to 60 Mana (36 with 40% LMC). That Mana Cost Reduction is what allowed Human Warriors to compete mana efficiency wise with Elves, especially when chaining specials.
    They inadvertently nerfed JoAT once again when they made Chiv heavily dependant on your skill in it. My Tamer/Mage used to be able to cast Remove Curse to remove Mortal Strike from his pets when killing Miasma, he can't anymore. My Samurai/Swordsman who has no Chiv, used to be able to cast Close Wounds and Cleanse by Fire pretty succesfully, while occasionally casting Consecrate Weapon and Remove Curse. He can't do those worth a crap anymore either.

Humans as a whole, have been getting the **** end of the stick for awhile now. The only thing the Human race in UO excels at above any other, is Leather gathering, +10% more, woohoo! The only other notable thing, is the ability to get a Lvl 6 Arcane Focus and cast Attunement/Gift of Renewal.
    The Gargoyles are better at being Warriors, since they have a higher HCI cap, they do higher damage when they take damage, plus they get +2 MR and a passive 40.0 Mysticism at all times. My Gargoyle Thrower with 0.0 Real Mysticism and GM Focus can cast Enchant Weapon and put 41% Hit Lightning on his weps for awhile. Plus he can use a Healing Stone. They're even better craftsman with the Imbuing success % bonus.
    Elves make for much better Mages and Warriors with the +20 Mana they get, they're a bit tougher with the 75% Energy Resist cap, and they're even better harvesters since they recieve special Ores and Wood at a higher rate than Human gatherers do.
    Mirt and O'Brien like this.