1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Archery] Jackal's and my ABC archer

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Seismic, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Seismic

Seismic Guest

If I use a Jackal's Collar, which breaks the passive MR on my armor, am I getting ANY benefit from the MR left on my suit?

If not, I am going to change my suit to be 8 LMC per non-artie piece instead of a mix of MR 2 (minimum) and as much LMC as I can get as a secondary stat.

What say you? I really like the Jackal's for the dex increase, among other things, but I need as much LMC as possible for my archer if my passive MR is completely useless wearing Jackal's..

Oh I'm human btw for the jack-of-all-trades bonus..useless now too? Does Jackal's wipe out THAT much and cause me to go elf too !?!?

2. kentuckyjoe

kentuckyjoe Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It all depends on if you have Meditation or Focus on your template. If you have Meditation, then the Jackals does lessen the effectiveness of your MR and Meditation skill. If you have Focus, then the Jackals does not effect your MR.

I run an ABC archer that uses Focus and the Jackals and have no problem with it. With GM Focus and the Ring of the Vile mixed in, I never have a problem with stamina. I think I have 9 MR and around 35 LMC on the suit so mana is never a problem either unless I get Mana Vamped by something since I don't have Resisting Spells.

Personally, all of my characters are Elves except for my crafter. I prefer the 20 extra mana over JoAT anyday.

3. Seismic

Seismic Guest

I have neither Focus nor Meditation on my template since I rely on JoAT.

So does Jackal's (or any single piece of non meddable armor) LESSEN the passive MR affect from the JoAT Med bonus AND suit MR? Or does it NEGATE it completely??

Good FoF question? I am hoping someone knows and can post here, though :)

I just don't want to waste space and money on my suit if MR is completely useless if a single non-medabble item ruins it!!

4. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

Seismic:

Jackal's does not lessen passive meditation ability on armor with the MR property, however it does negate any MR bonus you have from the 20 med from JAoT.

5. Seismic

Seismic Guest

k, that's what I needed - thanks!

6. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My elf crafter has some MR on his 100% medable suite. As soon as he puts on his non-med mining gloves, I do notice his mana regen slow down. He has 0 meditation & 0 focus.