1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Japan Relief Button

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cal_Mythic, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

There is now a Americares.org button on the UO website.
    We are in the queue to post this to the Herald, but wanted to let you folks know it's there.

Through our legal department I have submitted a request to the Red Cross as well, but have not yet heard from them.

We are working on other things that are more material for the team and community in Japan, but this is just one way others can get involved.

- Cal

2. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I verified on chrome that if you have adblock enabled the Americares button will not show. You can disable adblock for uo.com only in options, refresh your page and it will show.

3. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Also as a reminder, please let's not make this a debate on which organization is better or does more. The fact that many are trying to reach out in any way they can is the driving force behind good intentions.

Third time I'm linking to this but it is a good source of information to personally decide where you would like to donate: Charity Navigator.

4. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

looks like americares ranks pretty high on japan relief.
    thanks Cal!

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Thanks Cal!

6. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- Very good. I like the humanity. Bonus points for continuing the tradition of acknowledging the real life situations that our global community has to bear. Granted, I've noticed similar popping up everywhere; but I think I just may hit uo.com.

7. Wojoe

Wojoe Guest

please no in game items...maybe a statue or something would be nice..

Also i was thinking you could give all the affected players a new house lotto ticket then at least they would have a chance...you could delay the ticket duration for those affected.

8. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thank you.

There is something else that could be done for all Ultima online players one way or the other affected by this disaster, given the situation I think you should block all houses' and boats' decays on japanese servers (and other asian servers located in Japan and therefore somehow affected by the disaster) until the situation gets better.

And, I think, there is no point to release the Magincia Lottery for those servers either until things get better. I mean, there is no point in setting a deadline for release, it all depends on how things develop in the coming days/weeks.

Also, it would be very nice if you could do a one time gift offer of one or two (round trip) transfer tokens limited to all japanese servers (and other asian servers located in Japan and therefore somehow affected by the disaster) to help those players not involved by the disaster but who play those shards and are now going to be affected in their game play on those shards, given the situation.

Giving a hand to those players to temporarily relocate to another shard until things get better when they can return to those shards if they wish so, could be a welcome thought.

Thanks.

9. NorCal

NorCal Guest

Didn't UO do this for North American accounts after 9/11? I think that would be a very nice gesture from the people at Mythic/EA. I'm sure they will do this.

Best wishes for all the citizens of Japan.

10. Warlord III

Warlord III Guest

Woo.. Cal !! You are still alive !! thx god !!

Good job !! We are all here to supporting Japan :p wish they all getting well soon !!

By the way , please read PM and help OCEANIANS also !! We need you and stats too !!!

Don't hide somewhere around please!

GOGOGOO ... JAPANESE , all Bless you !!

11. ChReuter

ChReuter Guest

By any chance, is this the first time that EA has done something like this with UO players?

12. athos_uo

athos_uo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I found the following measure by EA(If this is already introduced by someone, I'm sorry).

Join EA in Helping Survivors of Japan's Earthquake

Thank you very much. *bows*