1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Jeremy - 2 Hour sigil corruption permanent?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kat, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Please tell us this isn't a permanent change and that its only for the event!

2. Draconi

Draconi Most explosive UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is a temporary change for the duration of the event. Also, we may need to balance out purification time and other variables during the Test Center run.

Please feel free to contribute your experiences with the system going forward!

3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Can you make it permanent?

I have a real life, I don't have 10 hours to guard (if I was so inclined to guard).

4. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Draconi ... this is a very, very bad idea. Okay, I understand your reasoning ... but 2 hours is too short! Those sigs will be corrupted 2 hrs after server ... before anyone else has even got out of bed. The only time there is faction fighting is when the sigs are active (being corrupted). I don't even know where to start ... TWO HOURS? Come on. Five hours, please? I get why you want the timer shortened for the event, but two hours is way too short. PLEASE change that to 4-5 hrs at least.

5. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

NO! That alone would completely ruin factions. Period. No items would be enough ...

6. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I have to agree with you, although I was thinking more along the lines of 6 hours to corrupt. Thank god these changes are not permanent!

In any case, I think as many of us as possible to should head to test and actually do some testing on this stuff.

7. wrekognize

wrekognize Guest

4 to 6 hours would be good. 2 hours seems way too short.

8. Draconi

Draconi Most explosive UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I fully support this proposal

9. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I plan to this evening ... I just hope that I can delete a char on TC and have it wipe my faction timer, because I was fooling around a while back and put a TC char in TB ... and no way I am testing this as TB ... I have to be able to test it with the people and in the circumstances I actually play .

10. I say make the corruption process instant and set the timer to x# hrs before the town can be re-taken. I have always hated the, take the sigil here, wait, take the sigil here, wait. It gets old after a while. Keep the ball in play.

:)

11. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I just hope you understand that changing the corruption time is going to kill the pvp for the already small faction pvp community. No matter how temporary this change is. 75% of faction pvp is done while sigils are uncorrupted and being stolen back and forth. There will be no incentive to actually participate in the fel portion of factions since they will be a total of 2 hours.. and most likely early in the morning and consisting of very few ppl. I saw a casual player say he liked this idea. Lol. Yeah I bet we will see a lot of casuals on at 6 - 7 am to fight over the sigs.

I made a post on faction forum, I really don't feel like copy and pasting it. But thats pretty much things are going to go..

Oh, incase the devs don't know where they are.. here is a link to the faction forums.

http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

12. Berethrain

Berethrain Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Test Center: 2 hour corruption, 10 hour purification
    Event Publish: 6 hour corruption, 24 hour purification.