1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Jeremy Last Patch What did you'll do

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Bouche835, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Bouche835

Bouche835 Guest

Jeremy,

What the heck happened on the patch? Did you nerf archery or what? Pleaase tell us. I would like to know how I went from doing 30 damage with a con blow to 10 damage. But yet people can still hit me for 40 with death strike. What is going on please explain?

2. Are you wearing a Quiver of Rage?

3. Bouche835

Bouche835 Guest

No I am not wearing the Quiver of Rage. And I only used it because I forgot to insure it.

4. The only Archery change was the change to the Quiver of Rage. Everything else has remained the same. I'm not sure what you mean by:

"And I only used it because I forgot to insure it."

5. Ericge99

Ericge99 Guest

Actualy Connor, there has been a change since the last pub .... that being less chance of hitting target. I don't know how or why but iv'e even noticed this, and yes its been mentioned here on statics already.

6. Bouche835

Bouche835 Guest

Sorry I was still on the first cup of coffee. What I was saying was that I only used the quiver once, I died and it got looted because I forgot to insure it.

7. your concussion blow can still hit for +40 damage as long as the persons health is much lower than their mana or visa versa. The initial damage for concussion blow has always only been +10

8. Bouche835

Bouche835 Guest

Yes I read that thread this morning but that is not what is happening to me. I am still hit the target and the percentage of misses is about the same before the patch, oh course I have like 68 HCI so if I get hit with a hit lower attack I am still at cap 45. The problem I am running into is the damage output. Before the patch I was wearing the quiver of inf and doing anywhere from 30 to 35 damage with concussion blow but last night I was doing like 10 to 15 damage with concussion blow. And I was doing like 15-20 without concussion blow. I am just wanting to know why??????

9. Bouche835

Bouche835 Guest

Are you sure about this? I am new to archery and pvp so I don't know. But my specials go like concussion blow, mortal strike, and light strike them to death. I do around 30 on first shot, 20 on second, and then I don;t look because I am just trying to chase them with about 3 light strike. But if you are right. I will change my combo around. I will try that tonight and see.

10. I haven't noticed any change in hit chance with my archer. I think it's more likely a bad run with the RNG.

11. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

No change was made to archery or the accuracy mechanics. I see threads like this after nearly every patch - I suspect the RNG is just evil.

12. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

it might be that people changed their suits because of the spellbook nerf. maybe people just have more DCI

13. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There has been no such change and the only people who mentioned it are archers on a bad streak, meaning archers who did not kill their targets in the first 3-4 shots. Also no official word on it has been posted here. So.. :link: Otherwise... :next:

14. Jeremy you are contradicting what Draconi has already stated. Draconi did state that the accuracy of archery has been dropped

15. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Just to inform the general public drop us a :link: and be done with this? Otherwise what you say is worthless.

16. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I am seeing a drop in my archers performance as well, and I usually don't notice such things. This is against mobs not players though. Could be she's having a bad day. I didn't know Draconi had said anything about decressing archers accuracy though.

Oriana

17. Seriously. I just went through Draconi's recent posts and nothing of the kind was said.

18. Devil_Woman

Devil_Woman Guest

Jeremy, dear, you may suspect, but we know it's evil!!!

19. Ni-

Ni- Guest

Earlier, I believe you said that you have 68 HCI so that you are still maxed if HLD. Why do you chase with Lightning Strike, which max out HCI(45)? For the possible extra damage? Does that even work in PvP?

20. It's bad. Very bad. When you can predict exactly what's about to happen, it ceases to be an RNG. This thing is so streaky that when you miss something you generally shouldn't, you can tell you'll miss again, and again...

21. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Corrupted_Goblin, do you have a cite? I just brought this up in a meeting (that included Draconi) and no one knew of any change that might have affected it.

22. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This happens with any weapon skill.

Divine Fury tends to break the streak.

-Galen's player

23. mr.blackmage

mr.blackmage Guest

i used to go 30 seconds to a minute (15-20+ hits in a row) missing, way back before AoS. Boy, those were the days...

24. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend