1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Jeremy- SA 2D Art Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kyrie_Elaison, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Saying that they will be using 2D artwork as the default, does this mean that we will be seeing a return of the 2D Unicorn? :bowdown: :bowdown:

I haven't rode my unicorn since it was changed to the 3D version.
    :sad4:

2. Zym Dragon

Zym Dragon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I believe they are talking about the tile art only. The animals and monsters will likely be the same as they are now in KR.

3. Duku

Duku Guest

SA 2D will have the best graphix ever created.

4. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Hopefully the 2d artwork will be limited to what it is now in KR (legacy settings on) and the terrain textures will be retained.

Also, hopefully, Supreem will keep the KR artwork as an option (and have Grimm and team clean up the item artwork left to clean up).

Unless there is CONSIDERABLE work done on the 2d artwork, it simply does NOT hold up to higher resolutions and newer standards.

I'll keep an open mind about it, but this COULD be a huge step BACKWARDS for any notion of a more "up to date" client for the game.

5. Dean478

Dean478 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This is the what got me out of Ultima Online the first time. When 3D was replaced with 2D art tiles.

Keep your green carpet grass out of my Kingdom Reborn thanks. I do NOT want 2D legacy art becoming the only option in KR.

Don't be stupid guys.

Edit: Well they are making the 11 year old 2D art graphics the only definite option in Kingdom Reborn. Thanks Mythic, now I don't feel bad for completely abandoning this game. Maybe I'll return again when we get a development team with a little more back bone.

6. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

What's this Legacy setting in KR?

You can play in 2d in KR?

That would be nice since I only use KR for doing crafting quests because the graphics/movement gives me a headache.

7. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yep.

And with a Legacy skin it even looks more like 2D.

8. Can I have your stuff? j/k

I would like to see them allow both 2D and 3D, just not mix the two. I can't stand the 3D unicorn, or the Ancient Wyrm. If you log in to a 3D client it should all be 3D, and the same with the 2D client.

Just my opinion.

I'm still wanting to know if they are going to put the old 2D renders back in that were replaced with 3D art?

Anyone?
    Anyone?

:loser:

9. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

They have some screen shots of what I can only assume are going to be SA locals on the website. Seems to me like the legacy art option.