1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Jeremy, who ARE the UO developers these days?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ailish, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

As was noted a few weeks ago by someone else, Adida (Chrissay) has apparently been re-assigned from the UO live team to the Warhammer team (if you pull her last post here on stratics you can see that her signature has changed).

So, who replaced her for the live team? Was that where Sakkara came in? Who else (if any) besides Draconi is on the Live team.

And what exactly is it that Messana does besides compile bug lists?

Are there any people on the art team besides Grimm anymore?

What, exactly, does Leurocian do?

Who else is out there working on our game?? I dont care if they want to come say hi, I just want to know who they are!

2. Mish o sha

Mish o sha Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

3. Corwin

Corwin Guest

Oh man!
    Christmas cards are coming soon! Am I going to have to make another new list of Devs....???

4. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

LoL! Gets out my pen and papers..and starts writing a list of new names.

This was said by someone else and not me. Even tho I do believe it does fit.

Im not a dev, but I did stay at a holiday inn Last night. :D

5. Isn't there supposed to be an old blind hamster working on account age issues?

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

6. No they reassigned the old blind hamster to Mythics marketing department last week.

:popcorn:

7. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They posted a job opening announcement for a new Associate Game Designer in Five on Friday last month:

http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday121.html

I suppose this person is the one who's going to replace Adida on UO. This vacancy on the Live Team might be the reason that the "epic event" is a few months late...

Choose which bugs should be fixed first and assign people to work on them I guess :)

I don't think that UO has a dedicated art team anymore. They probably share the art department with the other Mythic games (especially Warhammer). Anyway, there is somebody creating graphics for UO - the latest client patch was very large because it included a secret art addition for the next event.

That's the simplest one to answer - he's the Lead Designer for Stygian Abyss.

8. Unless something has changed I believe GrimmOmen heads the UO art department.

9. canary

canary Guest

I'd wish they'd just fire Grimm... he really is a large part of why the KR art was so bad. :\

10. Ailish

Ailish Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

While I appreciate your answers, Sir Bola and Conor, I did not necessarily mean the questions quite so literal as more of a "Talk to us, tell us who our staff is and what they do" sort of thing. A good example, Sir Bola, you pointed out that Leurocian is the Lead Designer for SA. And? What does his day consist of in this capacity?

I don't see any good reason Jeremy can't answer this question with a simple list and little blurb for each.