1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Jewelry question

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Khaelieth, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Khaelieth

Khaelieth Guest

Bit of a noob at taming and was wondering if at my current skill level (73.4) it would be smart to equip a +10 ring so there are creatures around 50% chance (at 73.4 there are only creatures at 40 and 60, aside from crocs at 50), or if that slows down my gains?
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, that will work fine I did the same thing. Your gains should be preaty steady untill you get into the 90's real skill as long as you are taming the correct critters.
  3. Detharleon

Detharleon Guest

(just to tap into a similar subject)
    Ok, so I have 90 real skill, 120 lore. 120 taming w/jewelry.
    According to the calc my 'sweet spot' should be white wolfs(50%) or giant spiders(62%).
    I have points to spare, taming turned up and I spent about 4 hours last night working both and after my initial guarenteed .1 ,I didn't get nadda... is it really this bad or am I picking the wrong critters?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

No, gains in taming just suck. I've been in the 60's for the past two weeks and I've must've tamed at least several hundred polar bears, snow leopards and white wolves.