1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Just a FyI

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Millie, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Millie

Millie Guest

[​IMG]
    Winnowing Basket

A winnowing basket was used to separate the corn kernels from the outer husks or chaff. The thrashed corn was thrown up from the basket and the breeze (sometimes created by waving a sheet) blew the chaff from the heavier kernels.

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:)

haven't gotten around to baskets yet.... there's just soooo much!!

3. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I made a few for my new SA furny vendor, and boy I didn't realize we would need so many plants! I think you clip a plant and get one reed, but you need two to make a softened reed, then you need two of those to make a basket that is large but one to make one that is small...something like that. So I really need to get in gear and start growing more plants!

Not sure what to do with the plants that won't clip, I don't want to toss them since they can be used for deco, but right now people are buying plants to make their own baskets and dyes and stuff and would probably not appreciate buying a bunch of duds. :p

4. Millie

Millie Guest

You know the plain plants make a nice gray color baskets, I like them alot

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

and I haven't yet tried it, but was told that using scouring toxin on the baskets will take them down to the default color

6. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

A sort of silvery grey colour. Same with the plain dyes too. It's really pretty :)