1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Just a note from a friendly Uhall Mod.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kelmo, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Look... I get it. I am put off by some of the changes as they happen too.

If you really want to let loose, please use the feedback provided by Bioware. It is there.

If you think ranting here on Uhall will get your message across. You are gambling.

No one on the Bioware staff is paid to read an fansite. Let that sink in... None of them are required to read any of this. Most of them do not. I am not making facts up here like many do. This is true.

Stratics is not the official UO web site. Maybe it was for a minute. It is not now. I dunno. Above my pay grade.

Stratics is blessed by UO Devs feeling comfortable posting here. That is a very cool thing.

If ye think I am a cheerleader... come play on my field for a while.

Factions is a mess. Vendor costs are silly... The devs just hate my shard... We let them know... and sometimes. They fix it.

We respectfully ask for a fix. If it is warranted it happens.

What I am really saying... Take a page from the Siege folk. Ask. Present. and be respectful.

2. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I could not agree with this more. Great job Kelmo!

I would add. If you have a complaint feel free to present it as stated above. For best results, (Translation = to be taken seriously) provide one or two suggestions on how you would fix the situation.

3. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry if we come to a common area to vent Kelmo. This is the place where WE, the players, know as a place to discuss issues/faults/revelations in the game. I'm sorry if this tilts your world, but I really don't see where anyone has been out of hand. People are upset and venting. Would you rather they come here and do it or simply leave the game over their frustrations? Sorry all three Siege folks are patient and understanding. It's why there are only three there..............

claudia-fjp, Sevin0oo0 and MalagAste like this.
  4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*chuckles*

Lord Nabin likes this.
  5. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Sorry if I've offended anyone with my posting style. I am, most basically, an inadequate volunteer trying my best to fill big shoes. If you have suggestions for me, please send me an e-mail or conversation.

I do hope we can build a more civil discourse. We really do want your concerns to be heard. That's a major facet of our mission.

Lord Nabin likes this.
  6. Lord Nabin

Rants are useless.

Comments followed up with suggestions are valuable material.

That makes a difference!

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

yeah... what he said. *smiles*

Lord Nabin likes this.
  8. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, Nabin, and many of us have given TONS of them in multiple threads. Go look them up...decay, loyalty, ephemereal (sp?) weapons, perma pet stat loss, etc, etc, etc,. We HAVE been patient. But folks are fed up, especially when we are telling the devs the issues, AND providing supporting data. And nothing happens............

9. Lord Nabin

I respect that Aibal.

I think you missed a key part.

10. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

And suggestions HAVE been made.:) I just think they've been missed. Or ignored.

11. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Besides providing alternate paths, it also helps others to know more what the OP is talking about, as in an "oops, didn't think about that way".

12. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I am far from an optimist, most call me a pessimist in rl. But, to me the Dev Team, Mesanna and Jeff imo have shown a willingness to listen and change things when it fits into the vision they see of UO. Granted not with the speed some/most of the folks would like, but you have to remember, for them... its their JOB. For all of us out here its our pastime. Do we approach our own jobs with the zeal, zest and speed {too lazy to come up with a z for speed lol} everyone we interact with desires? Nah, I am sure alot of us do our 8-12 hours, clock out and hit the door. Then there are some that even when they are at the job could care less and only watch the clock tick by. In my time of playing UO I have watched as Devs that seemed to have that attitude were at the helm, and it was a sad thing. The team in place now imo is one that does what they can, when they are able. Or that's what their actions have shown me *shrugs*

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  13. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I sowwy.

Sevin0oo0 and Lord Nabin like this.
  14. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Zoom? Zip? Zzz-lessness?

Mirt and Kylie Kinslayer like this.
  15. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Kylie,

In a word...NO. When my "constituents" are pissed off about a particular topic, it becomes the highest priority to find an equitable solution. Therefore, it is resolved quickly and efficiently, because all resources are concentrated towards that issue BEFORE others are tackled. This usually means a 24-48 hour turnover before the problem is resolved and the next issue is addressed. I guess I expected that in all industries, but maybe not.

16. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

I seriously wish everyone I came in contact with in my day to day dealings held those same values. Sadly here in the states {no idea where you are} folks like you are in the minority. I applaud your work ethic though.

*offers apologies for the brief hi-jack*

17. Lord Nabin

Looks to me based on this link as you flip back through the history that there actually is a lot of direct response and action taken on the "Dev's" part to be responsive. Read through a few pages of these posts.

Mesanna | Stratics Forums

Click on the "Postings" tab top middle

One of my favorite responses here

I've always wondered... Do the developers, or paid staff play UO when they are off work? | Stratics Forums

18. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'm in the states, and I know exactly what Aibal is talking about, but try that in the Children's medical field where the pissed is a doctor who typically carries as much weight as VP - you do it Now, or you may be doing it in the unemployment line. We often don't get the luxury of 24-48 hrs, knowing it's helping a sick and hurting child comes first. Altho a necessary PITA, there's meetings to plan More meetings, and we just don't have ubber secrets like I see with UO

19. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Nabin, then why no IMMEDIATE response on the loyalty decay? The pet perma stat loss? Factions? Bugs in the Enhanced Client forum? Crash bug from Corgul?

20. Driven Insane

You guys whine to much. And I'm referring to the people Kelmo posted this thread for. You pay a lousy $13 a month. Tell me where else you can pay that piddly amount and have a say about anything.

Plus, maybe the reason some of your suggestions don't get added right away are:

1: Priorities, the Devs are given a list of problems and considering how old and big UO is, Im guessing it's a very long list.
    2: Your ideas are stupid and not very well thought out. If you think you know everything about running a MMORPG, go ahead and start one, see how well it does.

21. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

When both the Franchise Producer (Jeff) and the Associate Producer (Mesanna) refer to Stratics rather than supporting an official forum in the massive BioWare forum structure, you are official. You may not want that responsibility, but there it is. Stratics is the unofficially official community forum for UO.

UO Forums Interview with Jeff 'Gryphon' Skalski - UO Producer Part 1 , April 5th, 2012:
    Wayback Wednesday, May 16th, 2012:

22. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

People assume you all are the official forums, when you're not, but you're close enough and people feel like they have no where else to turn to.

Bioware Mythic has official forums, moderated by volunteers (under Kai Schober), for two of the Mythic games, and for every other Bioware game made or in production (including its DOS games), and it's good for those games because it's official and all. They have the disclaimers that you can be barred from the Bioware social networks, etc. and it's a good meeting place to bridge players and the official company and all. They have a separate, but similar setup for the other Bioware MMORPG, only those forums are through SWTOR.com. It's just Camelot and UO that are ignored.

Stratics should not have to act like an official site, and it's really not fair to you guys. It's not good for new players as well, since many might not participate on fansites but will participate on official sites, since they that is what they are used to.

Aibal likes this.
  23. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ooopsie Kelmo. I guess we have supporting documentation.;)

24. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I do want to mention I have trophy points but no trophies. Can I trade them in for complaining points?

Lord Frodo likes this.
  25. Lord Nabin

Is that like when a company buys air pollution credits in order to avoid fines? :)

Flutter likes this.
  26. Lord Nabin

27. Ryna

Ryna Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Nah, that field sucks. *salutes Kelmo* Mod on, man. Mod on. :cD

28. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sorry stratics, you rode the gravy train that was "offical UO forum" so now you are stuck with pissed off players who feel this is the only place worth ranting at. Yes I can send a email that might get opened but I can complain about the 50 things that annoy me here faster and sometimes with comical results, why would I want to go anywhere else? The day that Mesanna and crew close thier collective accounts here is the same day posting will lose it's draw.

29. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Stratics is the most unofficially-official forum I have ever seen. Show me another fan forum where a Dev has posted,in the last 3 month.6 months. In the last year. When the Devs want to make something known to the players,they come here.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  30. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid

Perception is reality. What is one person's reality is not necessarily someone else's or the next person's.

We take on the responsibilities that come with running this fansite. Some may call that cheerleading. I call it being a fansite. This means we support this game we enjoy, try to offer proper respectful feedback and get frustrated when it's not heard like anyone else does.

That is my perception.

Do we enjoy the developer interaction? Of course. We've built this relationship for 15yrs now, our own anniversary comes this October. We will always support the UO team and do whatever we can to facilitate the best possible experience for players and them. Sometimes we meet in the middle and sometimes we have to work towards that balance again.

We've been talking about this internally and while we try to refrain from a heavy hand we have to work towards a forum balance too.

Appreciate the sentiments here so lets leave it at thank you to those who understand what we try to accomplish daily and we do it because we love UO just as much as you and want to see improvements and communication as much as you do, constructively.

Thanks all!

Flutter, Rupert Avery and Lady CaT like this.
  31. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

With all that you guys and gals deal with on a daily basis at Stratics, I'm surprised you even continue with these forums! Honestly I'd love to see more updated game info on stratics and a whole lot less of the forum garbage! Let all these people use the Bioware feedback instead for a while and give your site a break. Thanks for putting up with it all.

32. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

I thought I had all the game info updated as far as it could get. If there's an area where I've failed to do that please let me know via email or pm, I'll rectify the omission as quickly and thoroughly as I'm able.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.