1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] just a thought for better stag trading

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Manticore, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

what do you all think, for the stag items, i put a designation behind it:

(R) = Rare - exists 25+
    (VR) = Very Rare - exists 11-25
    (UR) = Ultra Rare - exists 1-10

I have a good number of them estimated but may need some of your help on the rest.

This way with literally hundreds of them out there people will know roughly what to pay for on any item.

2. WootSauce

WootSauce Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Great idea, IMO :)

3. Laina

Laina Sage
    Stratics Veteran

sounds like a great idea :)

4. irux

irux Rares Fest Host | GL Jan 2010
    Stratics Veteran

i suggest some extra identifiers such as Uncommon and common - Like the colored ginger bread cookies or the angel food cake those are pretty common id say 100+ are out there which in my mind would not meet the R 25 +. But i do like the system Alot. the only down fall i see with a trading system is how easy it would be for someone to stick to it too strictly. and presume one value is worth another taking only into consideration of the amount droped and not the desirability. Such as Special Wine bottles Vs Naughty Shirts. each collector would put a different value on each, even if there is the same amount dropped.

But like i said i like the system alot and i think it would really aid in trading in more ways than just stag.

5. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

how rare were the naughty switches? i am on siege and i dont really think anyone else got any. are these rare on prodo? or not so much?

6. irux

irux Rares Fest Host | GL Jan 2010
    Stratics Veteran

Fairly common on GL but not like NPC common more like peeps who use speeders common.

7. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Naughty switches were dropped on most shards. So, in theory, they should be one of the most common stag drop.

Just a short reminder: The way the stag drops were made, any attempts to gauge rarity of items is going to be very error prone.

8. The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi there Manticore,

good idea.
    Now we only need to collect data of all the items so we can but the correct label on them.I guess that will take awhile.

Regards
    The Scandinavian

9. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

perhaps the EM's would be kind enough to tell how many of each dropped