1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Just a thought...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kat, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

It's hard to believe it has been two years since we lost our friend and comrade... Ginsu/Aeric Horn.

Exactly two years ago today. We'll be thinking of you, Aeric.

*Salutes*

If anyone would like to stop in and visit the Memorial, here's the map to its location. It is open to the public.

[​IMG]

2. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Where has all the time gone? It doesn't feel like 2 years has gone by. I still have him in my Icq. Could never bring myself to remove him. He truly was one of the good guys.

3. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Yeah the time has gone by pretty fast. It seems like just yesterday i was chasing his crafter around while he made his morning runs, those were good times.

4. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

As long as there are people to remember your name, you are not truly gone.

5. Aeric and Shalimar didn't always see eye to eye, but she respected his opinions and the fact he gave a fook about the health of the game he played. I still have him on my icq as well, and I do miss our discussions.

6. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

R.I.P. Ginsu/Aeric Horn, i too still keep him on my ICQ...

7. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

He really was a good guy. and i still got him on my icq list as well

8. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think I blocked him after the last expletive-ridden tirade he sent my way.

Either way, sorry to see him go :(

9. Mental Keepsake

The Shade that forgets how much it forgets is foul,The god that remembers how much it remembers is strong.A shade forgets that its stain makes it begrimed and after it fumbles its curse is slow to mend.
    med. 72
    The Great Work
    Clifford Falcone
    AKA Scopulus Falco

A God here he is........

10. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thank you, your comment made me laugh. I oft called him *prickly pear cactus* and he knew I had nicknamed him that, but he was as strong and opinionated as he was gentle. Oft after some outburst he would msg me or contact me in clear back to his KSS days or in newer MYTH guild hall and he'd ask me...

"Do ya think I over reacted ? was I a bit over the top ? ?" To wit I would always chuckle and say, 'ya do have a way about ye sir.......lordy ya surely speak your mind, and voice your opinions, maybe that is what I like most about ya I would tell him. :)

And then he would say something silly like "any suggestions" ? And I would say ' no but I will hide out till the fallout stops. :)

STRONG LEADERS oft collide here on Siege he was surely one of them.

I too keep his icqs oft go thru them from time to time myself, remembering some of those comic yet strong yet questioning more frail moments of his, and I always will miss him and his leadership and his strong personality. Mostly I miss him, as a good trustworthy honorable friend, in this game on Siege.

11. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Cliff was passionate. So was I back then... *smiles* I believe I lost a head set over a "discussion" with him...

We never gave up on one another though. Never.

Time is a funny thing... It seems to pass so quickly for certain things. Watching children grow (and kittens), holidays become a blur. I could go on, but then some ass would call me Emo. *stares* You know who you are.

But the last time you talked to a friend... It can seem an eternity.

Aeric Horn. Ginsu. Coy. Pixels... Cliff on my ICQ (yes, still there) and in my head on Vent/Teamspeak...

Siege lost a true warrior that day. A fighter, a crafter and a man with vision.

*chuckles* Some of his visions did not play out well, but more than enough did. More than enough... Cliff's hand still touches this shard. I am not trying to make him as a Saint... But many of us have been influenced, swayed and infuriated...

The man behind the pixels made a difference. Not a claim many can make. For the record... he never claimed such. I just declare it.

12. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

I too was one who collaborated as much as I argued with Cliff. Together we did a lot of RP brainstorming with others around the shard such as Otto and Katherine and WyRm and others. ICQ's got heated at times. But, I too still have him in my ICQ list.

13. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

I think of Aeric every time I log in. He made me feel very welcome, special really, in Siege and is a big part of why I remained here.

14. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

He is still on my ICQ list as well. My heart went up to my throat about 3 weeks after he passed away, when a message from him popped up on my screen! :eek: It was his son wanting some help finding his houses and such on Siege. It sure blew my mind for a few seconds! :)

I still miss him daily and I still hear his awesome Hank Hill impression! lol

15. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

I cannot get labels to show like this on my uoam..