1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Just a tip...

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by kelmo, Aug 27, 2009.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You should update more than once every 18 months. I forgot about my laptop that used to rarely use... 66 vista updates. You may laugh now.

2. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Meh, thats not an awful number, but I bet Vista ran much better after those updates :D

3. I bought 3 brand new HP laptops for work yesterday (with Vista 64)... I am working on the very first one and there are more than your 66 updates to this computer.

Me an my big mouth to volunteer...

4. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've noticed that Vista SP2 doesn't show up on the updates screen lately. I had to dl off of Microsoft direct. 5 of my pc's weren't seeing it.

5. I am on my 5th round of Windows Updates... after every update, new ones appear that update the updates... *sighs*

6. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yup, updates that update the updates.
    I do like the Vista update process much better than the XP way. Many times, if you see the update icon by your clock, it won't open if you click on it while it's patching. I therefore have to resort to hitting start and clicking on the update shortcut, to take a look at what it's doing if curious.