1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Just an idea.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Inspector, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Inspector

Inspector Guest

Magical wands should be craftable... where did all those wands that are in t-map loot and mib loot come from? Did some long lost forgotten race craft them and bury or sink them?
    They should be able to be made with the carpentry skill, with either wood or switches or something, some scrolls of the spell you want and maybe add some spells that would be available as mods, like pain spike and maybe holy light.
    They would be just the normal -mage weap with spell channeling.
    Unless crafted by a runic saw then they should have some extra mods available such as replenishing charges, maybe a higher circle spell(like mind blast, poison strike and maybe e-bolt or explosion. I think it would add a bit of flavor to the game and make runic saw's worth a bit more.
  2. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Dec 14, 1999
  3. A.Entreri

A.Entreri Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 2, 2003
    i'd like it better if they tweaked the intensities instead. i think the range of mage weapon -25 through -29 or what ever it is, is just a bit high. maybe like -20 to -25. and keep them spawn as they are. making the craftable with runic saws is just asking for an imbalance.
  4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Aug 12, 2001
    I'd like to see mage weapons go away...la
  5. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

I would like to see a change to wands all together, but I don't think letting ppl craft them with a runic saw is a good idea.

I would like to see wands as a craftable item and I would like to see wand fighting as a skill. As I see it, wand fighting would function like a castking skill, but you would still need magery or maces to use a wand as a combat item.

So basically, having the wand fighting skill would let you do magic stuff with the wand and having maces would give you the combat portion of melee with a wand.

I think the way wands cast spells should be removed in the process of creating wand fighting as a skill. Wand-spells in their current design have always been either worthless or overpowered.
  6. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 11, 2004
    while it would do me good to have a -20 mage wep wand with dci and other stuff, i think it would make too many uber necro mages
  7. I can see it now.....:

8. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 27, 2004
    Well, I think it is obvious that those wands were the doom of that ancient civilization. They locked them up, buried them, and sunk them, but it was too late for them. If we do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it...

P.S. There are a few things that would be nice if players could craft. Where are our crafted black staves?? I thought last year that one of the devs said that was planned as an addition to the carpentry menu!