1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Just another gripe that could be fixed

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Uriah Heep, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 26, 2008
    Town loyalties, two things that seem fairly simple to fix, to me anyway. And they may already be fixed and I just don't know where to get it.

1. "Your deeds in the city of Skara Brae are worthy of praise". Yes they would be, but Im in Ilsh, or Malas, or Tokuno...
    Perhaps "Your deeds are worthy of praise in the city of Skara Brae"

2. Is there anyway to stop the above from being spammed up your screen everytime your area spells kill a dozen slime or rats...other than resigning from the city? Once every so often would be fine, but the constant constant spam, I cant even keep up with what the guildies are saying...:sad4:
  2. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer

Aug 24, 2012
    We recycle messages like that when we can, and that is the one we used during the original implementation of the city loyalty.

As for the messages, there are two schools of thought here - would you rather know you've gotten loyalty from every monster you had killed or would you rather get less messaging? If you go with the less messaging there was a fear people would report not getting loyalty from their kills when in fact they were, we just weren't messaging for it. I'll noodle a better solution, as champ spawns do lend themselves to mob pwnage and there are quite a number of messages.
    #2 Kyronix, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 17, 2009
    i also would prefer less messaging. or at least a way to turn it off. Definitely not a huge issue tho.
  4. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 26, 2004
    Well, as with so many things in UO ... we would rather have the choice.....
  5. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    How about "Your deeds are worthy of praise and improve your city loyalty"? Then you wouldn't need to include the string for the city name.
  6. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Sep 13, 2010
    Since the loyalty you gain from killing champ critters is microscopically small, please do away with this message.
    Kelly O'Brian likes this.