1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Just coming back to LOTRO

Discussion in 'LotRO General Discussion' started by ruaduck, Jun 12, 2008.

1. ruaduck

ruaduck Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Anything happen since Sep 07? I haven't Played since then.

2. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hi ruaduck,

Lots of news about LOTRO, too much to list in a single post though. Best way to catch up and stay up on what is happening with LOTRO... is with the LOTROXbar from GameXbar.

LOTROXbar will provide you with the biggest collection of links, news, and RSS feeds about LOTRO... including the ones here on LOTRO Stratics. Check it out. :)

3. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Oh yeah! As I am sure you knew, when the game was released, only a small fraction of the world was explorable. Many more areas have been opened up since last September along with many fixes and updates to the classes and races as well as a major change to crafting trophy organization and categorization.

There's just been too much to detail in a forum post, as we can continue to expect this as Turbine and Codemasters continues to amaze and please their many many players around the world with their continued promise to bring Free Content Updates, which they have done so wonderfully.

I haven't played much Monster Play, so my knowledge there is limited however, if you are a PvPer, they have done a lot of great fixes, improvements, and additions in that department as well.

They've continued to also continue with "Festivals" and "Events" for various Real World Holidays as well as Middle-Earth lore "Festival" and other neat Community-minded things.

In my opinion, Lord of the Rings Online has become the best MMORPG on the market. I have much trust and respect in Turbine and Codemasters, for they have proven themselves for years with other games - having a grand reputation in my eyes, that they will continue to deliver on their promises for LotRO.

And with all that in mind, I also feel LotRO has one of the very best, if not the best, mature and helpful Community of Communities through out all the Servers across the World.

In short.. yeah, I'd say a lot has changed and that I am sure you will be pleased with all that has changed, been added, been fixed, and all that has remained the same. :thumbup1:

Welcome back, indeed!

4. Valfelan

Valfelan Visitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

That just about sums it all up Orv :)

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!