1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

just curious about something

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by ayahuasca, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

this question would be for the old timers. As my training is nearing its end (not more the a couple years now at the rot rate), I am looking more at my RP savage persona. Beads. Beads seem like something I should carry- which brings me to my question-
    most items in UO are, or were, good for something at some time in UO history. Yet, beads just seem worthless. Was there once a time that they could be used for jewelry, or by tinkers, or something?
    Not really an important question, just wondering if there is a forgotten bit of UO history that might make interesting trivia.
  2. Memnoch

Memnoch Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

May 29, 2008
    I have only been playing since like 99? But to my knowledge beads never did serve any special purpose..

Honestly, not every item in game has had a purpose, forks, spoons, knives, other craftables, and other items I cant think of off the top of my head..

However, I may be wrong, so grain of salt me.
  3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    They're required now for one of the Heartwood quests, but I'm afraid I don't know which one.

I never really found a use for beeswax either, other than make-believe soap for Mo :D
  4. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

that's ok- he only gets "make-believe" clean
  5. I never did hear a background story on them...but find them quite useful, nonetheless :)

I use them to decorate homemade (or storebought) Christmas trees, and as a decorative base (along with a bit of nightshade) for holiday candles.

You should definitely carry beads. They are the best gee-gaws ever!