1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Just curious how rare is a 4.5 greater dragon?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Baby Doll, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

#1 Baby Doll, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    MANSBETH likes this.
  2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

I don´t do the ratings so can´t answer your question but that is one of the better I´ve seen on Siege.

How high will tactics and resist go?

MANSBETH likes this.
  3. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Hello Tjalle! Well not sure on tactics and resisting spells. Maybe they are done but I gained in both of those skills today! All other skills been have not moved for sometime.

#3 Baby Doll, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  4. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Hello,
    I got a 4.4 after going through 50 GDs at the temple. I remember a friend of mine getting a 4.3 on the first try. Later, I tried in Ilshenar to get a better one and only got a 4.0. I would say a 4.5 isn't that common. I don't do rounds everyday to find good ones though (I just kill the same spawn over and over).

it would be fun if people would share their experience regarding what they found to be very important in the stats/skills of a good GD (on top of good resists). Personally, I like GDs with 120+ magery, as they seem to heal themselves better. I remember dueling (GD vs GD) with someone on prod. My GD lost its health real fast, and then started healing non-stop until it killed the other one, which was higher ranking.

The problem is finding one that has the skills/stats you want WITH good resists.

Zalfein

5. MANSBETH

MANSBETH Seasoned Veteran

Does not have very high Mana or strength...
    Doesn't that mean something.

6. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not common but not uber rare either. I would call that one about 1 in 400. I would not sell that one as a cheap meat shield.

7. MANSBETH

A very sweet Dragon....Baby Doll.
    How do you add up points?

I know....I'm a noob.

8. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

MANSBETH likes this.
  9. MANSBETH

Thanks Baby Doll!

Baby Doll likes this.
  10. kinerney

kinerney Visitor

For the last 3 months, I've spent 2 to 6 hours per day (most days) hunting for GDs to tame. I'd guess I've killed at least 3000 of them by now. I've found and tamed three 4.5s and four 4.3s in that time. I'd say that 4.3 and higher are very rare based on my experience. The 4.2 range and below is more common but I'd guess that I go through 200 to 300 GDs for every 4x that I've seen. The 4.5s are probably 1 in 1000 if not worse. To average 98% range on so many different resistances and hit points is very long odds. I can't tell you how many times I've found a GD that was awesome on all except one resistance that ruined the whole rating.

I think resists are the most important - Especially Physical!!! Having fully trained about 20 GDs from 2.7 (my first) to 4.5 (three different ones), I've got a pretty good sense of the difference between a 2.7, a 3.6, a 4.0, a 4.3 and a 4.5, etc. A big 4.5 needs way less healing. I just trained a 4.0 to 129 wrestling. I had to constantly cast heal on him and frequently use bandages against wild GDs. At the same spawn with a 4.5, I'd rarely need to use bandages and I was regenning my mana as fast as I needed to cast heal. The high resistances are the difference. Big resists (especially physical) are way more important than the amount of hit points or fighting skill values.

Magery skill is highly valued but a bit overrated in my opinion. GDs burn through their mana very quickly and then the magery skill isn't as useful. But wrestling is very useful to the end of the fight. And tactics is very helpful too. The probelm is finding a highly rated GD that also has unusually high skill values. It's already very long odds to find a highly rated GD so hope for average skills on top of that. The skills aren't as important as the resists as your GD will die quickly with low resists. A 130 wrestling skill is useless on a dead or dying pet. That said, I've found that wild GDs with very high wrestling and magery are much better at hurting my pet. And I've found that wild GDs with very high resists take much longer to kill even if they have low fighting skills.

I've currently got about a dozen 4x rated GDs available for sale on Lag Austin if anyone is interested. Animus ICQ 692505448

#10 kinerney, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  11. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I think I'd agree with kinerney on that. I farmed gd's on Pac for a while, and finding one better than 4.2 was pretty dang rare...