1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Just got pk'd in town

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by MaceAho, Nov 16, 2008.

1. MaceAho

MaceAho Guest

how did this happin?

2. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

You might give a little more detail, but circumstances exist that make it very easy to pull off. For example, if there are no guards/npc's around to witness the attack, the guards will not come unless you call for them. You could also have been flagged as a criminal [gray] without realizing it. Several scenario's exist, but details would be helpful.

3. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Poison shuriken, explosion run off screen and repeat, strangle, poison, triple explosion pot, guard whack bug. Many ways to do so

4. MaceAho

MaceAho Guest

I was typing in the lagg thread came back it sed "would like to report Sal Manilna as a murder"

5. Black magick

Black magick Guest

My guess is poison shuriken then.... either that or no npcs around. If thats the case, he just lit you up. ^^

6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Never go afk in a Siege town

7. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Nah, go to jhelom or umbra and hide, then you are fine.

8. Avo

Avo Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

yup yup, especially if your red lol

9. AlaricSP

AlaricSP Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I saw this happen several times this morning in Umbra as well. People were getting killed and yelling "Guard", put an "s" on the end of that and people will get guard wacked. GUARDS!!!!

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

if it was a faction town the guards could have been off because of the event.

I've been pk'd in Skara, Umbra and Zento so far. Usually when I was paying less attention than I know I ought to be. :dunce:

11. MaceAho

MaceAho Guest

cove for me :dunce:

12. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

yeah seems like the only times I have been pked in the last like year are when I leave my char unhid at the luna bank while I check the message boards heh.

13. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had some guy toss several bombs onto me and run off screen. when I died I called guards which probably killed him but he was out of range of where I could see him.
    He probably had a 2nd character waiting nearby to try to loot if I wasnt moving.

since you got the question to count him then you probably wernt flagged.

Lorddog

14. Guards have been turned off for faction towns for a while since before the event.

15. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

um...........well welcome to Siege. :)

Technically no one is really safe anywhere. Guards often do not even work when the development team does NOT even have invasions going on...the guards can be so LAZY never count on them...........not really so......being away from keyboard or horribly laggin at times which we all get ......can simply translate to you end up dead if lagged up before ya even see what or whom maybe hit ya ..way before you can even shout GUARDS GUARDS when they even work. :) Soooooooooooooo
    expect it I guess, death and dying cuz even in normal times no *events* no one and no place is really safe on Siege anyhow.. in theory.. :)

But yeh right now the dev. team has invasions all over every shard even..so guards are turned off in some places/towns on many a shard atm..lag plus invasion plus Siege ruleset......expect to be DEAD even in towns..by other players attacks or some funky monsters spawn due to *invasions* atm.

16. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

This is what bothers me.
    When i started there was a group of reds trying to pk me in town. They were factioners red and in town. Theyd get wacked insta rez by guildy and the guildy doesnt get wacked. I understad the faction town red/blue issue, but if they flag on a blue they should be guardwacked and have to either unflag or leave gzone before they can be rezed withought consequence to the healer.

17. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Funniest was one guy in dog form tried to pk me in Zento healer shop, totally surrounded by npcs! He was dead before I'd read the 'name is attacking you' text. Those npcs are a lot faster at calling for guards than I am :D

18. MaceAho

MaceAho Guest

Well when I came back to get my stuff I hit a macro that I set up. target nearest hostel, attack target, then BOOM I got guard whacked at this point I stood there for a sec scratched my head and chalked it up to random crazy UO:loser:

19. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

I pk'd a guard once and I have the nifty guard suit to prove it!

Krystal can even vouch for it!

:spider: