1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Just make skin dyes..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Velvathos, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Just make some sort of skin dye that everyone receives to return to their normal hue colors.. Give everyone like 2 or 3..

Should make people happy.. Make them account bound so people can't sell them..

2. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I would love this... honestly I don't see why it is an issue to have in the first place. We can change just about everything already.

3. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

4. altarego

altarego Guest

That's exactly what I was thinking a couple of hours ago. Just make them so that you can keep your paperdoll open and view your character before submitting you decision. Or even easier, just drop a race change token that only allows you to choose the same race into everyone's pack.

5. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

or how about making the skin dyes craftable?

6. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

As long as I don't have to spent 100k on it.. Which is another point.. EA got everyone into the mess, it is up to them to get everyone out, without having people to spend gold, therefore, something cheap, possibly give everyone one for free..

7. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Honestly, I don't give a big **** about the skin dyes. I want my Paroxysmus' swampy back to what it was. Talk about an expensive loss for a LOT of players.:rant2:

8. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

Its rather simple.. They have the Race Change Token with the code in it for selecting colors. Take that code.. pull out the Race change screen and go to the color selection screen. Give one to every player 30 days or older like they do for other presents. Problem solved. Or just give everyone a Race Change Token for XMAS, something they could actually use. That is the Simple Quick and Dirty Fix for their messup. No coding required.

9. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Skin dye was the first thing that came to my mind... Seems like a easy fix, but who knows.

10. WarderDragon

WarderDragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni BRPA

We already have body sculptors. Give one free token that allows us to re-select our skin hue, and then from that point on let us change it for a fee (just like hair changes). I always wanted to give my character a tan.

11. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Only if they remember that elves, humans, and gargoyles don't have the same skin colors.

I'm STILL confused as to why the only colors my elves can dye their hair are human colors... only way to completely change my elf to another elven hair color is to go through the elf to human quest and then back through human to elf.

12. Schuyler Bain

Stratics Veteran

/agree

This is the perfect solution really. Heck make it super easy and make it free for the next so many days/weeks and then start charging. It is not like people will rush out and change their skin color every day for that period of time and if they did... so what it is just skin color!

13. DarkVoid

DarkVoid Guest

I totally agree with this idea. But they should fix the hair dyes while they're making this system, so elves can choose from other elf race dye colors as are listed on elf character creation screen. The hair dye NPC's also need a new-look range of hair dye colors picked out by both EA/Mythic and players that would look good on elven and human races.

But most of all I desire an option to view the current character in the new skin tone, hair color, beard color, etc, please! Whether it's an elf, human, or gargoyle does not matter, we should be able to see how they will turn out before we fork over up to 500k for the new look.

14. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was thinking they could put up a moongate and we can walk through and pick our skin color. Similar to the kinds of gates they put on test.

15. Dolphoenix

Dolphoenix Guest

I'm pretty sure fixing the cause of our skin changing colors in the first place would be a bit higher priority than body dyes.. over on europa I understand elves have turned a dark color... and some of the RPer's attack drow on site...

16. Smokin

Smokin Guest

They did fix why it did it I believe.

17. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Ummm....what?

18. Schuyler Bain

Stratics Veteran

They fixed the cause, but not the already affected characters. Supreem said they were working on a way to fix the ALREADY affected.

Patch notes: http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=1007

source thread: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=172441

19. Dolphoenix

Dolphoenix Guest

uh.. my character didn't get broken until AFTER the patch

20. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

One of my elves went from drow coloured to pale purple... But all the others are normal still...

21. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

No,that part I understand. It's just that the one I quoted made a horrendous run-on sentence that made my eyes cross. >.<

22. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Yeah, I was tired. I will promise to try and make sure my grammar and punctuation is completely perfect. Especially in this day and age of text crazed people talking with their weird languages.

So here. I believe they did fix what caused it.

23. Hunters' Moon

Stratics Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

:)