1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

just one more Mod needs to quit then watch out!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Poo, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

just noticed the ranks have been depleted.
    i looked over and the bench is pretty much empty.

one more quits and the Troll Army will be unleashed!

Release the Kraken.... errrr Troll!

kRUXCg7, Flair and Queen Mum like this.
  2. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

3. Queen Mum

Queen Mum Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Poo, you and I don't always see eye to eye (ok i know i am a shorty) but this time I jump on the step stool and totally agree with you!! What is going on here? A cup of brandy eggnog is really sounding good right now!

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I am seeing the *rats* abandoning the sinking ship... ..... Am I alone? No think not.

I have a guess as to why they are all abandoning the ship... can't say that I like my guess at all. If it's true than UO has most definitely sunk to the worst ever low.

I will say this... if my guess is right... I think it will be many of the players abandoning UO, rather than staff here leaving stratics. Just my 2cents. I pray I'm wrong. But I have a fair guess as to what exactly is going on. Don't want to be posting it here... just going to wait and see... but Pretty sure I got it right. If I am right... UO is the sinking ship and not this forum and all the rats should prepare for the death of UO.

6. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

That seems like a huge jump.

It's more likely that the new Stratics management has made some behind the scenes changes and given these folks their walking papers or the changes were enough for people to submit their resignations...as opposed to UO actually telling a fan site that they are shutting things down.

I suppose we'll see...la

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  7. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Uh Well this "rat" is staying on the ship and still eating the cheese. So it can't be all that bad.

8. Angyl of Ohr

Angyl of Ohr Adventurer

Dropping like flies, I tell ya! :cursing:

[​IMG]

kRUXCg7 and Bobar like this.
  9. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This 'rat' will join you.

10. THP

THP Stratics Legend

smaller team.. smaller player base.. RTB fail i guess but lets be honest it was never gonna win without some sort of internet drive...and the internet advertising is so easy and in the right places could have been awesome.....sits back with a glass of 10 year old malt

TheScoundrelRico likes this.
  11. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Yeah, they could have done a simple Facebook or Google ad for minimal cost for the RtB promotion...la

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  12. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Please do not miss-read things. What you are seeing today (and my own quiet resignation weeks ago) has nothing at all to do with UO. This is purely a Stratics issue.

kRUXCg7, EM_Bennu and Kolka like this.
  13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What is going on here has nothing to do with UO! AT ALL!

kRUXCg7 and Kolka like this.
  14. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What
    Tazar just said

15. THP

THP Stratics Legend

facebook would have done the trick...la ...oh well

16. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

They might be saying bye from being Moderators here because moving on to be the new Advisors in UO. One could hope :)

17. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Didn't imply that UO was shutting them down however.... my speculation which I am keeping to myself... I suppose I'll wait and see on. I do hope I'm not right. But... if so I'll be sure to let you know.

I have a hunch as to what is "really" going on .... and I'm hoping it's a very wrong assumption. But then you know what they say about assuming things..... and therefore I don't want to say what I'm assuming is "up" with the recent bunch of rats abandoning a sinking vessel.... but I can say I fear it being true. I'll hope I'm not right but I don't want to post my speculations... just put it that way. And it has nothing to do with Stratics. I suppose we'll all have to wait and see how things go.

I will say I have GREAT concerns over how this will effect the ability of players to actually reach the DEV's and to let the DEV's know how we feel and what is happening in-game. Since there are NO Official Forums for folk to voice their opinions and get help when needed ..... Stratics is about all there is. Outside of sending an email that oft times never gets seen or garners a response ...... most often folk think that it goes off to some void somewhere and is never in the light of day again. Stratics is the voice of the people even if >70% of those people who play UO NEVER post here. Truth is it is all we have...

If Stratics goes you may as well shut down the game because there won't be any communication between players and DEV's.

I'll say this is extremely poor timing on the part of Stratics in that this is RTB and many old folk would return here and while this was down they had no where to go to ask questions... and get help.

Kinda sad really. I'll see what happens...

18. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Wow what's been going on?!?

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  19. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

I don't know about a RTB fail. Great Lakes has been extremely busy this past week or so. Reminded me of Atlantic. Lots in chat about house placing and just a lot of activity in general. Could be the regulars playing more with Halloween and the new systems, but I've been noticing new faces.

20. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

this makes me a bit uneasy... all these people that are leaving, I'm having a hard time with that they would all quit over some office politics, which is what the phrase "Stratics issue" is leading me to... all I can think is that with Taylor leaving just last week is that you all are not enamored of the new boss.. would have thought there would be some dedication to the boards, to the work, enough to overlook any personality clashes

course, I could be wrong, I very often am

21. Capt. Lucky

Stratics *is* the official forums, lol. They have a contract with EA. Much of what gets locked here is a result of that. If they were gonna shut it down they wouldn't spend a week backing everything up. They would just pull the plug. Someone bought it and will probably put banner ads all over the place and actually try and make some money with it. Taylor was probably able to make a few coins and that was all there was to it. If I bought the place I'm sure I'd bring in some of my buddies and let a few folks go. I love a great conspiracy theory, but I'm not seeing any of that here. I'm not jumping on MalagAste specifically, just sayin' in general. Taylor made some coins, someone bought the place cause it was proven to be able to turn a buck. End of story. Get ready for the banner ads and tracking cookies.

kRUXCg7, Kolka and Smoot like this.
  22. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

most games dont have any communication at all between players and devs and do perfectly fine. we are privileged that UO has such communication, but if stratics were to shut down it would hardly be the end of UO.... statistically only 5% of UO players use the site anyways. i wish the new owner luck in attempting to improve those numbers.

23. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I'll just say that the new owner is too new to really have made mark yet and is not to be blamed. I wish him well.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  24. petemage

petemage Seasoned Veteran

EA bought it :tinhat:

25. Capt. Lucky

They should, lol.