1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Just so everyone knows Draxous has appointed himself SP spokesperson...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Chardonnay, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

2. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's better than having you as our spokesman

3. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

4. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Not by much though...

5. Rykus

Rykus Guest

Oh, classic. Siege's 2 biggest trolls battling it out on U. Hall. PRICELESS. LOL

At least Draxous tries to have his heart in the right place like Masumatek did. It's just the methods that leaves a bit to be desired.

*grabs some popcorn*

6. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable

Oh, is there a battle going on in UoHall? I did not see what Chard posted. ;)

I think Draxous has always been passionate and outspoken about Siege. Sure, his style my turn off some people, but his heart is in the right place.

7. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

8. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

How can there be a battle of the wits when neither opponent is armed, that's what I'd like to know...

Also, I can assure you that neither of their opinions matters one whit to the dev team. In fact, I know that a couple of them even have them on ignore :)

9. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I thought you had him on Ignore? Yet you keep replying.... :lie:

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I sometimes wish I could use that feature... I just have to rely on willpower. *shrugs* There are some that just can not be reasoned with,

11. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

wow just checked my mage account and next month i turn 12 years. shouldnt someone with alittle more experience on siege be our spokesman? anyone else have an account over 144 months?

12. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

How can his heart be in the right place? If he had any heart at all and mind you I said if, he would stop hiding behind his superman faction gear and play the game like everyone else does with one bless item, not an entire may as well be blessed faction suit.

13. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Its funny you mention "may as well be blessed faction suit" when in fact i used to kill enigma and he in fact had his suit faction blessed. You see the irony here? Perhaps someone can't play without the risk of losin their stuff? Kinda sounds like trammel.

14. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Not actually he did not. You killed him with pets... And I killed you and looted it. I had you on tracking and you self res and I came and killed you again and looted the rest of it...:loser:

15. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I have a heart. I keep it in a chest. In my closet.

16. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The hand writing is on the wall folks, the ToT III will end... no more artifacts.

Besides... I see no reason to allow the same ppl piling up into heaps those same
    items...

You better have a need for them...do not assume ppl will buy them!

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

17. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

ToT3 is soon to be over. They will come back to this well liked and useful in game event.

I predict we will see it again. Hopfully more like it.

18. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There is no logical reason why Siege should have a persistent event that the rest of the shards are denied. To have granted it would have been classed as 'favouritism' by the players of the other shards. The Devs could not do it. Think about it from more than one angle for a while and you'll see that I'm right.

19. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

There's really no reason why siege should be playin with any of these post AoS items.

20. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I have to agree with Draxous

And he said 3 out of 4 want it to stay, that may very well be true.

Draxous may be annoying sometimes but his heart is with Siege and he wish our shard to survive.

I also agree, we need more loot drop than normal shards just like we need more arms lore and could need better drop of higher colors of ore, leather and wood.

As long we can't insure it, it will only bring more fun to the shard.

21. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

No one is asking to keep the 'event' on Siege... this isn't about an 'event.'

The logical reason why Siege should have ToTs kept on is obvious. We don't have item insurance. Favouritism isn't the problem... the problem is the inability of Siegers to spin it in a way that others won't care and maybe even support us. Posters like Chardonnay do nothing to better this shard and only get their jollies from being massively annoying ****holes... and your actions/approach to this only promote their asshattery.

Petra - as to the not listening to us comment about the Devs. I wonder how many people here actually realize that the event where crimson dragons and their invasions depending on who controlled the faction towns... was my idea. I pitched it as a win-win for both PvMers and PvPers and roughly a year later it went live. Similar success I did not see with my "allow reds into tram" idea in part because Orvago locked the thread and approached it the same way Petra has been approaching the topics on ToTs. Go figure I get word that Reds will be included in SA... so the idea was not lost, but justified and implemented in a less than ideal way.

And Kelmo, having an event like this come around every 2 to 3 years (if it ever comes again) is down right ridiculous. Thanks. My friends and I will just stick to our faction arties which are better and OBTAINABLE while stock piling all of YOUR collected ToTs until things return to the way they were just before tots were turned on. Enjoy.

22. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

If that indeed came from your idea then I thank you cuz it was a fun event.

I´m shocked... :p

23. Petra Fyde

I never said they don't listen. I know darn well they do, several things have been brought in from our ideas and requests. I said they can't favour Siege over the other shards.

ToT drops, whether you see it that way or not, is a limited duration event. Making it permanent on Siege only would cause an outcry from the other shards.
    Taking such ideas to UHall causes a flamefest, not just from Chardonnay, but from posters who play other shards.
    It comes across that you think Siege is more important than any other shard - it might be to you, but it can't be to the devs, and your apparent assumption that it should be causes resentment from players of other shards.

24. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Everyone: Ok guys I heard just about enough of this drax hearts is in the right place crop...he loves the shard yaddy yaddy yah. If Drax loves siege so much and his heart is "in the right place" then why dont we see a thread on UO Hall about getting rid of faction arties on siege? Drax heart is where everyone else heart is, with himself for his own greed. Why go through trouble of "even out the playing field" when you can just trash the problem that caused the playing field to be uneven in the first place.

Drax: I have no problem with you being our spokesperson, but next time plz get our permission before you start saying what siege wants. If you think im wrong then start another poll but this time have an option that reads.... Get rid of faction arties so the playing field wont be un even in the first place. Do that then you will see what siegers really want, and it aint no dumb event.

25. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I do not mind contributing to and having others help come up with a way to pitch this as something that isn't favouritism.

The only way that something like this would work would be to have your support to go forward with this.

With 3/4ths of the valid poll participants favoring this, this shouldn't be an issue... even if the total number of participants doesn't = the total number of players... it's safe to say that the poll represents what most Siegers want. Theres no way that the standard deviation can be high enough to change the results especially since the poll captures more than 10% of the total population.

Since we know what most Siegers want, there's no reason why we can't move forward with this as a shard. Considering tomorrow is the day this event is slated to expire... time is of the essence.

It's up to Siegers to help make this shard better. The time is now.

26. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

I'm starting to believe this whole thing is just some smoke screen to keep the players and devs mind off of concentrating on removing faction arties. get over bro cuz you and I both know faction arties days are numbered...and that "you can take to the bank".

27. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Is there some reason Cheapsuit is not allowed in factions and therefore not able to obtain these faction items?

28. Petra Fyde

I didn't vote in the poll, because I have no opinion on whether they should stay or not. Your poll accounts only for the 'yes' and 'no' vote, the two extremes of opinion. There's not option for those who don't feel strongly about the subject either way.

29. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

This is NOT a classic shard. Faction arties along with Tokuno Arties along with Doom arties along with ninjas, samurais, spellweavers and all of the other stuff expansions and publishes have given us are here to stay.

Here's something all of you, who are opposed to the changes we've gotten over the years on Siege need to seriously think about.

The Devs are NOT tailoring things to us any more than they have to. The ONLY way that this shard will ever get fixed and see ANY kind of success is if we accept the fact that this game is tailored to twenty something shards that are NOT our shard.

The take home message:

Faction arties and everything else is here to stay. ACCEPT IT. There are tons of people who not only enjoy, but would not play without the new stuff that's been introduced to UO over the years. This is the year 2009 people and we have had many expansions including AoS which make some of your wants impossible.

The more we can bring Siege in line with the rest of UO, while keeping it's core ideals (which are no tram, no insurance, no recall, no statloss, a working notoriety and player bartering systems) the better off we will be.

I have no idea how this notion that Siege is about "classic UO" has come about when it's never been the case. It's received every expansion, publish and new content the rest of the shards have... item properties, artifacts, new skills, new items and professions are a part of Siege and have been since it was opened. The dillusional people who think otherwise have needed a reality check for more than 6 years now... say, since AoS.

Take the lemons and make lemonade people. Stop asking the Devs to take back the lemons we all know they won't... and especially when we all know we're going to be getting more lemons.

The real question is-is can we come together as a community and make lemonade... We need to start making lemonade already and stop only talking about it.

I have my doubts... and I hope Siege proves me wrong.

30. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

lol!!!

Faction arties aren't going anywhere. You remind me of all those people who bitched and moaned over artifacts... and here we are almost 7 years later. There hasn't EVER been a SINGLE item ever removed from this game that was intentionally implemented. Take a look at Greater Dragons... you're a fool if you think that faction arties are going anywhere.

Wake up. You're dreaming.

The ONLY option you have is to take what we've been given and make it better or accept what we have as is.

The truth is hard to swallow. You'd think after almost 12 years of Ultima Online... people would get it.

31. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So Petra by your logic Bo thinks that all the other shards have been shown favoritism in the forms of item insurance, extra character slots and character transfers. Bo is outraged to see the Devs show favoritism by allowing these things on other shards and not on siege.

32. Petra Fyde

erm, no, I think the option selected there was allowing Siege to opt out. I've said all I'm going to on this subject.

33. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Why does that need to be a part of the poll? What would knowing that 50 people don't care either way do? This is about an either/or issue.

The people who don't care either way will get what they want regardless of the outcome. Those people have nothing to lose in terms of getting what they want... knowing that a majority of those who do have something to lose and not appeasing them... is a very big problem.

As a shard we either will get the ToTs left on... or we will not. It's pretty clear how to appease the majority of our players by leaving ToTs left on, while turning the "event" with the shadowlords off. And petra... considering doing so will also appease those who don't care because... they don't care, knowing who and how many of those people there are will make no difference.

34. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I take it Chard that ye do not read UO Hall very often ?

Drax is always posting there, & so are some others regarding Siege either with ideas or hoping to enable Siege to grow or gain more players and or whatevers.

I may have disagreed with him HERE on this forum regarding the ToT concept or idea of his, but I seriously felt he would have posted his requests for it WAY SOONER over there on UO Hall, than he had.

I did not post in the thread there cuz he knew I disagreed, thus I felt let it go see where it all went as a thread 'first', but it seemed like a thread that went into TROLL mode instead of constructive agreeing or disagreeing with Drax's original idea for Siege. Anyhow tis locked up & now it is behind all the posts like/dislike SA beta posts and posts about cream pies ??? He and many others have/had/presented some good ideas too over there, that we either agreed with or did not agree with or at least gotten lively discussions regarding, on UO Hall.

Might be better for Siege if we maturely agree or disagree with someone from Siege posting their ideas there on UO Hall, stating why we may agree or disagree with their ideas, on the more public forum like UO HALL, instead of turning ON any/each of our own or attacking the persons behind any Siege posts, or trolling into too many of *our* threads regarding Siege thus oft turning them into some three ring circus in the future, IF we ever wish to be taken seriously by the dev. team, or to avoid a Siege based thread becoming lost behind the still on page one UO Hall posts about...cream pies !! :next:

35. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

This shard was ALOT more fun before all this item crap.

36. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It was also a lore more fun before Greater Dragons & Rune Bettles :loser:

37. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

It was also a lot more fun when people were around, and pvp'd. *Let me know when our shard becomes more active* I'm enjoying RW btw. ;)

38. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

That's because people could just equip and not be ridiculously out matched.

Not everyone is good at PvP. Not everyone is wealthy. Not everyone is most everyone.

A LOT of people love new content, the stuff item properties allow your character to now do, new items, new places to go, new skills and abilities.

39. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

RW?

40. :sad2: