1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Just so you know, they are going to go ahead and publish the ROT changes...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by MoonglowMerchant, Sep 8, 2008.

1. That really stinks.

It is going to take longer to get from 90-100. :(

We need to raise heck as soon as this goes live so that we can get that fixed and get a better system into the next publish.

I'll start beating the drum as soon as it goes live.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

only if you're not able to fit all the gains in. Yes they're 12 minutes apart instead of 10. But there's 3 full points of them instead of 2.1

3. Do you have more than 3 hours per day to train because that is how long it takes to see any benefit.

4. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I did read the thread and you're extremely disrespectful to Jeremy and the Developers for taking the time out to help us out. They even said they will tweak it further down the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ignore the issue for even longer because they don't feel like they get any appreciation for TRYING to help us out. Nobodies perfect and you look a gift-horse in the mouth.

BTW, I hope you... BLEEEP
    :)

5. omgPrymal

omgPrymal Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

It's a shame, but what could you expect from the dev team at this point? Siege / UO has always fascinated me in that the customers get abused pretty hard, you wouldn't see people sticking around for any other situation if treated the way they get treated here.

I've had urges every now and again to give UO another shot, but then I remember that ROT exists and I instantly lose that urge. Its a shame because I think even in its very different (and what some consider broken) state, I bet siege could get a decent revival if it didn't take so damn long to get started.

ROT is nice as a cushon to get people used to the game. No one playing UO at this point (or a very insanely minimal number of people) have never played UO before. I dont know if its just me, but I don't want to spend 2 weeks let alone a few months to get a character up. I know how to play, I want to get to the playing, not sit around waiting and essentially grinding to get out there and have fun.

6. Good thing I quoted you before you removed "*******".

BTW, I believe Kelmo specifically said STFU is not allowed. You should probably edit that too.

7. Gunn4r

Gunn4r Guest

Black Rain is the man.

8. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Maybe you havent worked ROT in a while but the time from 90-100 wasn't 10 mins, it was 15 mins per gain. So 12 is indeed an improvement. It was only 10 mins from 70-80, after that the time delay increased.

9. I'm in RoT now.

Currently it is 5 minutes from 70-79.9, 10 minutes from 80-98.9, and 15 minutes from 99 to 120.

So yes, they actually managed to make it slower.

10. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

neither of those terms are appropriate. and STFU is clearly an attempt to circumvent the filter, and if you want to notify a Moderator please do so in the prescribed manner.

11. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Well I been gone a while, so I guess what little knowledge I had for the game is outdated. *shrugs*

Question is...do you actually stay at your computer while working ROT, or do you shove a penny in your keyboard and go have a big mac and a coke?

12. I agree and I did that before I typed my response.

13. Well, currently I'm RoTing wrestle so I pretty much need to be there.

I'm about to hit 90 too.

:(

14. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

So they actually managed to make ROT a little slower and more painfull at least for certain levels? That is seriously ****ing epic, why in gods name do people keep paying for the worst customer service and DEV team of any game on the market?

15. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

So what, the lower levels will be faster and we did get an increase in daily gain.

RoT will be faster for a new char now. If it is so big a problem, get a speed scroll for your skills between 90-100.

The changes was not made to make vet players fill their soulstones faster but to help new SP players. Getting to 90 faster is a plus.

16. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

You probably get horrible customer service from your local crack dealer too, but I bet you keep buying his crack. :D

17. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

I think you would find the opposite true to be honest i mean there is so much competition for dealers over there they probably bend over backwards to keep their many many customers :)

18. archite666

archite666 Guest

Sorry all this talk about drugs just reminded me of my very favorite quote from scrubs.

Patient: Thanks for getting me signed up for that heart transplant, im glad they saw past my old heroine addiction, I feel that we should celebrate...
    How do normal people celebrate without heroine?

Dr: Uh with cake usually.

Patient: Alright! Lets score some cake!

19. I don't think it is too much to ask to develop a system with higher caps to help new players and shorter wait periods to help existing players.

Now that they have published this system which only addresses one of those issues (and not well enough) I fear we will never get the system we should have.

20. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I really believe that players training should learn to do multi-tasking.
    After gaining that 0.1 in the skill, MoonglowMerchant, you should go and do
    something else until that time for the next skill check... just set a timer for
    12 minutes. Nothing says you have to do continuous training for 3 hours...
    Go do a champion spawn, or something in between.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

21. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

Lawl. That episode was on the other day!