1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Just started a ninja stealther...

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Hunters' Moon, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

...and I have been playing around with the shadowjump skill. Because its a new character with low skill,I most times fail with the jump. After I am revealed and try to hide again I get the message "You are doing something else and can not hide". Now....what exactly is my character doing that he can not hide right now? [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

it's a known bug. the 'work around' is to use an object.

I have my 'hide' macro in uoa, so I can set it to use my shepherds crook (my ninja stealther is a shepherd). I get the message 'you can't herd that' because the next line is hiding so it's picked up the target 'self', but I can live with an error message.

3. I would recommend to first raise Hiding/Stealth to about 90, and then start training Ninjitsu with Shadowjump. This is way more effective.

4. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That way can help but isnt a total fix. Even if you succeed in staying hidden from the shadowjump. If you try to manually hide again you will get the same message. I just use my open pack macro. since my pack stays in same spot just refreshes. Works to fix the problem and isnt a hassle.

5. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

*ttlfc* Thanks for the replies guys. It works fine now that I have him up to 96 hiding and 83 stealth [​IMG]