1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Just want to double check

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Malee, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

With the treasure map changes, I am adding GM mining to my treasure hunter. I also have it on my blacksmith. Is there any reason, other than smelting, or benefit to having mining on the blacksmith? I just want to be sure before I dropped it from the smith.

Thanks!

2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Mining gives you more ingots back when you resmelt items/use a salvage bag too. I want to say it's something like 30% at 0 mining, and 50% at 100 mining, so it can make a bit of difference there on the plate items that use more ingots and you get non-exceptionals. But then just drop them in a bag in your house and swap characters to actually use the salvage bag.

3. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

"But then just drop them in a bag in your house and swap characters to actually use the salvage bag." That was my plan. Thanks for the reassurance.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Other than smelting/salvaging their is no other perks to keeping it on your smith. I keep mine stoned unless I am mining or thunting just transfer back and forth as needed takes about 2 min at most

5. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

As I know now blacksmith is count for recycling ingots so you needn't mining on a blacksmith.

6. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the responses! I just Gm'ed mining on my treasure hunter - so now I will drop it from my smith. I guess I should finally get some soulstones, would have been much easier!