1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

just wondering

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by mana hit, Jan 5, 2011.

1. mana hit

mana hit Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I know greater dragons are real nice,but does anyone still hunt with the beetle-mare combo anymore?

2. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yep :)

I hunt with non greaters most of the time a) because I like having a mount and b) because the GD may be a meat shield but other pets can do the same or more damage.

And of course, if you don't have a red dragon, it's an awful lot easier to find your pet(s) in the event spawn ;)

Wenchy

3. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I do, just depends on what I am hunting.

4. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

All the time. Also use a dread/mare and bug/bake combo. I prefer any of those to gdrags.

5. mana hit

mana hit Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

good! now to buy a dread,lol. but i do like the poison that the rune beetle dishes out myself and i can hop on mare and get out of dodge.just didnt know if i was alone in this.

6. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Definitely depends on what you're hunting - and greater dragons can actually be a terrible choice in some situations. Take Corgul, for example. GD's do 100% physical damage, and Corgul's physical resist is extremely high. Corgul does high damage percentage in poison, and poison is the GD's weakest resist. So GD's are not a good choice at all for Corgul. (Rune beetles are a good choice vs. Corgul, as they do high energy damage, which is Corgul's weakest resist).