1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Just wondering...

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by iLLegal Means, Mar 26, 2011.

1. iLLegal Means

iLLegal Means Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Howdy... in game I'm "the town drunk", and for years I've been giving GM spined suits to the new folks coming in the game in Haven and New Haven. Over the years it's no telling how many suits, weapons, and full spellbooks I've given out... but very rarely do I see any of the stuff I've made laying around the banks as castoffs...

So I was just wondering what has become of all the armor and weapons I've made over the years... If anyone has any story they like to share I would be very interested in hearing about it.

btw... off note.... a couple weeks ago I was doing some shopping thru the vendors around Luna Bank... I came upon a vendor selling a cloak "crafted by the town drunk"... it was marked for sell at 125k... LOL... it was made from the neon light blue BOD cloth... I probably dropped it at New Haven bank for the new folks... was wondering if the vendor owner knew it was a player made item or they thougt it was an event item... but it gave me and my guild mates a good laugh... the town drunk had become so famous that my clothes is now worth 125k... hehehe.

2. Hell's Ironworks

Hell's Ironworks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I drop stuff also once in a while but not as often as i would like too. Problem is some unscrupulous imbuers picking stuff up to turn em into magical residue instead of leaving them to noobers.

3. hey town drunk, I would love to get one of your suits. I will gladly pay you for your troubles if its not too much.

Your armor would look great on Stumpy The Drunk :)

my aim is stumpythedrunk. Or im usually around New Haven, West Brit, or Despise.

Hope to hear from ya!

Signed,
    The Stump

4. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

They probably know it's player made but hope someone's stupid enough to buy it.

I don't drop things at the bank, they're always picked up by the wrong people.
    I have freebie vendors at my place with any jewels, armor [mostly lrc], gm instruments/slayer instruments and anything else I think is useful in any way.

I do get people that come and try to buy it all, but that's where I enjoy my ability to ban people. I ask them to please take only what's needed and leave some for newer/returning players.. If they don't I get to play with the ban button. :gun:

5. Lord Raven

Lord Raven Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I've had mixed results dropping items in new haven. After dropping a good amount of mid-grade armor and weapons I was amazed to watch someone come over, grab them all just to smelt them into ingots. My polite request to leave some for the new players was ignored.

Even when I try and help a specific player I often find they have a short attention span. I'll explain how it will take a few minutes to gather, or even custom make armor, weapons, runebooks, spellbooks or whatever they happen to need... I return and find the player has left... and I'm sitting there with a bag of goodies for them.

And then there are the folks that pick up stuff to put on their vendors... Come on! Let the new folks have a crack at something nice.

It doesn't stop me from trying to help folks, but I tend to pick and choose players that I can see are really trying to learn the game and are in for the long-haul.

6. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

Thats wise !

Ironic that the real world so resembles this virtual world isn't it ?

7. Draken-Korin

Draken-Korin Guest

I dont find it ironic at all. Human nature is human nature, be it real world or virtual.

8. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ive seen your stuff. Do you do the same thing on other shards?

9. Ahuaeyjnkxs

well it wouldn't be ironic if it were merely random coincidence... but the body of evidence seems to indicate a genuine intimate relationship... something very intelligible.

I am not sure you are willing to accept that prerogative, however.

I submit that the game was purposefully created for that purpose ; to ironically root within human nature a new seed.

Do you honestly expect something less from a member of Phi Kappa Psi ?

10. iLLegal Means

iLLegal Means Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Cear... I used to do it on Siege... making GM armor for the PVPers, hehehe... I'm illegal Means on Siege.... but I haven't played there in a long time... places seems empty.

11. Malagar T'sarran

yea its kinda dead now :(

12. Kayne.

Kayne. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My first suits were made by Vivi my RL friend, and Draconi (yes.) in 2001

13. Ahuaeyjnkxs

I think if I was a UO player for a while and offered a position like Draconi was, I'd refuse in a sane fear of breaking high hopes.

That or I'd go crazy about knowing what I can do and what is allowed to be done, and end up in the psychiatric ward...