1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

JWilson Lives??

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lunaticus, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Lunaticus

Lunaticus Guest

Well looky at what I found tonight on my hunt for the new seeds! Stratics has the JWilson listed as extinct, so imagine my suprise when I found this guy. I didn't see the option to tame him, so, unless I've lost my mind, I'm thinking that these fun slimes are back from extinction.

[​IMG]

2. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

those came back probably over a year ago actually.

3. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

And the next post about them will pop up in another 2 months, like clockwork.

4. Ive seen a few within the last year. Both were in Paroxy, and I didn't have the presense of mind to take a pic or try to tame it.

Now that Jay Wilson is some DIII big-shot, perhaps they decided to bring him back.

(thats what you get for smack-talkin' UO):twak:

5. Lunaticus

Lunaticus Guest

Sheesh, a whole year and I've been clueless?? Only me, heh. :blushing:

6. OxAO

OxAO Guest

yeah just think. If you write a really nasty article about UO they might name a monster after you.

7. Aboo

Aboo Guest

I didn't know they were back either. I think we need to complain because EA didn't give us "proper notice" that they were back even if it was a year ago.

8. Radun

Radun Guest

yup, and they spawn at barracoon ratman champ spawns too

9. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

10. Fink

Fink Guest

I just popped into Fire Dungeon, Trammel, and found..

[​IMG]

I thought JWilsons were extinct? Doesn't immediately look to be a renamed/released slime as nothing else is attacking it. Hmm..

Hoax or not?

11. They definately exist in the despise spawn, they are about as rare as a llama EV but since so many spawn there you see them quite often, So since they are there its only natural they spawn other places slimes do

12. Fink

Fink Guest

Ahh, thanks.

I'd never seen one in the flesh, so to speak.

13. Rix/\

Rix/\ Guest

I have no clue as to what the JWilson thing is about but I've played around with ish champs and noticed him there alot.

14. IdoBods

IdoBods Guest

I thought the same thing, when I saw a JWilson at the ilish champ spawn. Hadn't seen one in years till then. I think its great they are still spawning. They are like the purple llamas.

15. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Back when UO was a young'un, some guy (guess who?) declared it wouldn't last all that long.

So he got his own personalised monster.

It was eventually removed, but when some dev left a few months back he re-enabled it.

16. o2bavr6

o2bavr6 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

They started to re-spawn about a month or two ago. Not sure why they broght them back.

Yes I think his name was John Wilson and he said UO sucked... bla bla bla.

So they named a slime in his memory :D

17. Ravenspyre

Ravenspyre Guest

You know, someone should come up with a site that could possibly have a large archival database that records all these events and happenings in the games, such as UO that could possibly contain the history of said critters as well as other information. You know, it might make Stratics life easier, but nah, such a thing like that couldn't possibly succeed. rolleyes:

18. King Frankie

King Frankie Guest

wiki

[​IMG]

A monster called a slime existed in-game which is a small slithering blob. Some years ago on rare occasions, it was possible to encounter a slime that was renamed a "jwilson," which was purportedly named after magazine editor Johnny Wilson, who had given Ultima Online a bad review and thus earned a derisive place in the game by the developers.

19. Sheridan

Sheridan Guest

Just saw a jwilson schlorping about in a swamp while I was hunting plague beasts for the new seeds. We used to have an accomplished thief as a guildmate named "a jwilson" - was nice to see one again... reminded me of the good ole' days.

20. Radun

Radun Guest

thanks for the link!

21. Radun

Radun Guest

yup, i've seen the little guy frolicking around fel despise champ area...
    someone from the other thread put a link showing when they brought him back

22. I see them all the time around my swamp house. They were reimplemented with the loss of Wilki as a tribute to his loss to the team.

23. Syfka

Syfka Guest

no i guess i was too lol rolleyes:

24. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Actually the Llama EV is not that rare. I see them alot. I guess it kinda depends on how much a person casts EV.

25. Sindris

Sindris Guest

To be specific, Mr. J. Wilson named the UO cd as "Coaster of the month". Thats the best use he could come up with for the UO CD, since UO was so awful in his opinion.