1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Kaspersy Detected: PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic in Ultima Online client

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vor, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So this is the forth time (2nd in half an hour!) Kaspersy has claimed the UO client is the above Trojan since I came back early last week. Each time has been while clicking log out.

I'm pretty sure it's a false positive. But it's very annoying since it buggers up the .exe for UO each time it does it.

Anyone else having this issue?

2. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Not me, but I use Avira Antivirus and it has never messed with UO. :smile2:

3. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I use Norton and have not had any issues. See if you can set it as safe or trusted (never used Kapersky and not sure how they word it) and that should go away. You can also try contacting them to see why it is doing that all of a sudden since UO has been around almost 18 years.

4. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Found a post on their support forums from another UO player (and some of his friends/family members) who had this issue last month. So at least it's not just me.

I've sorted out an exception for now. Will email them as well.

5. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

6. Melchiah

Melchiah Journeyman

Had the problem last month, but stopped last week. Still cropped up despite putting an exception, so I created a copy of the character data folder in another location. Could then copy my desktop setting back over...
    However it's now come back in deleting the macros instead on log out!

7. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

is this the EC or the CC?

you might want to report this directly to Broadswowrd via their site : http://uo.com/contact for @Kyronix

make sure you let them know which client, and what file(s) kaspersky is complaining about.

Storm likes this.