1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Kealdia and Valvakka Videos

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Doomsday Dragon, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

2. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Yeah I bumped...

:popcorn:

3. Joyous2K

Joyous2K Guest

Just post it somewhere we can watch it. I don't want to download 34 meg of UO garbage unless it is KR, OK?

4. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Then don't but I am not changing the way I do this simply because the sites you upload video to butcher the quality to the point it isn't worth watching.

One of the videos in today's list was 256mb of perfect quality hi res video you cannot even upload a file that size to most sites which are capped at 100mb let alone have it compressed to a mere 36mb.

What I have done is taken a video that is 800x625 in perfect quality weighing 256mb in size and compressed it in a rar that is only 36mb in size without losing a spec of the quality or having to shrink the resolution down at all.

So if that isn't good enough for people then by all means pass on it but this is the best way to do video and is the smallest most high quality you will find of UO.

5. I downloaded all of your moves...have yet to watch them. Got them while at work on the T1...so I have to wait till Monday...but of the ones I already watched - they're neat.

6. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

It isn't easy to capture all the videos I do but there seem to be a lot of people who enjoy them so I try to keep up with it.

It has been especially hard this last week because of the length of time between stranger spawns and then trying to catch as much of the action as I can knowing that I only have a couple of attempts per day to actually get the footage and each day the next one comes in and the last one goes out.

I am anticipating the next phase because I should have more chances to catch the strangers but I wonder if they will all be together or what all will change.

7. Hunters Moon

Hunters Moon Guest

Maintenance Progress: 57% *sighs* *paces back and forth and waits*

8. Sneaky

Sneaky Guest

Well, this used to be the case, but recently YouTube has enabled high quality uploading/watching...

Yeh, downloading via your method is better for quality, but you gotta face it, more people are going to watch it on YouTube.

For an example of quality achivalble with YouTube and UO videos, see my Enemy PvP Music Video - SHQ release. This video is uploaded in 2Mb/s quality and is only 21MB.

BTW, I haven't watched your videos (yet) because MediaFile is down...

9. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

I checked out the video link you posted but the quality to me is just unbearable. Blurry and you cannot make out any text in it at all. Full screen it is much worse.

Sorry but this is the only way I will be doing video simply because I do not feel like sacrificing that much quality so people can stream it. With 21mb of room I could do a several minute long perfect quality 800x625 video my way and the download time is the same.

Sorry about the mediafire thing bums me out because I have new videos to post both just under 15mb each and of the stranger in the fan dancer dojo tonight.

Anyhow I wish there was a better way to get these videos out there but I have been trying all kinds of different methods and this is the best one I can do. Everything else kills the quality.

10. Sneaky

Sneaky Guest

Thats because you need to click...

[​IMG]

...the link highlighted in red in the above picture!

Try it again, and do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyMT-8aLSZY

If you need more proof of quality, see these videos, but remember to make sure your watching it in high quality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2vRs8rdAWc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2JaBbegtVU

11. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

I did click the watch in hi res thing it didn't seem to make any difference at all.

I flipped back and fourth between hi res and standard a couple times and couldn't notice any improvement.

Actually that makes no sense I tried a few different videos flipping between the qualities and I couldn't notice a difference in the quality of any of them. Why would they say high quality if the quality does not change at all?

Kind of a bummer too because people keep suggesting this place or that and none of them are up to par at all.

Believe me I would much rather post this as a stream if only the quality were what it needs to be. Maybe not perfect like they are now but close to it because I want to be able to read text displayed in the video which cannot be done if the quality gets butchered.

12. Sneaky

Sneaky Guest

Then its not switching over for some reason, because the difference between standard and HQ is huge. When you click the HQ link the video should re-load and start downloading again.

Watch this video in both LQ and HQ, if you still see no difference then something is wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2JaBbegtVU

13. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Hit the link checked it out in both modes it does reload but the quality is no different or not enough to notice between high and standard. No idea why though like i said it would make no sense to claim hi res if it isn't actually better.

I have watched hi def clips on other sites where the difference is incredible which is usually what I expect after seeing so many other places featuring hi and low res video. To bad none of them are sites you can upload to or I would be set.

14. Sneaky

Sneaky Guest

Hmm, well yeh something has to be wrong, have you tried re-installing flash player? Or making sure you have the latest version of it (I have version 9). Also whats your connection speed and internet browser?

This is the only real relevant help page I could find from YouTube...

Good luck.

15. Sneaky

Sneaky Guest

...oh and...

16. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Well I certainly am not on vista. And I always have the latest flash installed because I work with flash on a regular basis. I just upgraded to CS3 actually and updated flash the day before yesterday so it isn't that causing it either.

I am disappointed with youtube all together anyhow.