1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

keep an eye on your ethy's

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Whitewolf of *VK*, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Whitewolf of *VK*

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

friend and i just did a champ spawn, he died, when he resed and went back to his body his ethy was gone, no one else around just me and him, dunno if a mob looted it or if it just went poof, he relogged. open and closes his bag, did an item count on his bag and even checked his bank no where t be found

2. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Sounds like this is a trend...has anyone gone onto TC to see if it can be duplicated?

3. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

I don't know if it counts as testing it, but I was on TC yesterday testing some random things, went to a spawn to bring a friend some bandages who was already there. I got killed in the spawn after delivering the bandages and my ethy tiger wasn't on my body or in my bag when I went back to loot it. Didn't care at the time since it was TC anyway, just assumed it was a random glitch.

4. Whitewolf of *VK*

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i checked my ethy and it still says blessed, anyone noticing things that should say blessed not blessed or has anyone lost anything else blessed besides ethy's? just wondering if this bug is only relalated to just ethy's or to blessed items. i think i see a huge revert commin

5. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

It sounds like the ethys may not be going back into statuette form upon death. Its almost like they are just disappearing instead of becoming a statuette in the pack.

6. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I should note that I wasn't riding it. I was stealthing around.

7. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

here's a crazy thought...one of the fixes introduced during the last publish was to re-equip blessed items. i wonder if the code is trying to re-dress the ethy's but since there is no slot, the ethy is going poof.

THP and Lorddog like this.
  8. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

If that would be the case, since Flutter lost hers while it was in the backpack, wouldn´t she have lost her blessed runebooks and such as well?

9. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

How full were the characters' packs?

10. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You guys/gals need more information to pass on to the team.

Op's friend lost an ethy. What kind of ethy? What killed him? Was he killed by a certain spell?

@Flutter You lost one. What kind was yours? What killed you?

Anyone overweight when the death happened?

If we can narrow it down to say, there's a chance you'll lose this brand of ethy by dying to a magic spell then that should give the team a pretty good chance to fix it faster.

DJAd likes this.
  11. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

Not an ethy, but I did have a bonded VvV horse disappear on me within the last week.

12. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

OMG guys talk about lack of detail! As Lythos says give more info. Nobody even said what client they were using!

THP, petemage, Merlin and 1 other person like this.
  13. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I tried to duplicate it on Origin and Test Center....I used every ethy available, died to a number of critters and never lost an ethy.

Using Classic Client...died in Despise, Destard, graveyards (I know the undead like to loot stuff lol) Doom....not sure what other creatures loot corpses....maybe have someone do some pvp in fel and see if an ethy is on a corpse? I'll try to do more testing today on Origin but I only have an ethy horse and charger.

14. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Two posts have mentioned problems that occurred after deaths at a champ spawn....

15. AnneNomilly

AnneNomilly Seasoned Veteran
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I heard of one last night after someone died pvp'ing. Maybe it's just Fel ruleset?

16. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Did you have anyone look at your body before you ressed? Maybe party someone and try in Felucca.

17. Old Vet Back Again

Old Vet Back Again Slightly Crazed

Did you feed it? You are suppose to feed it the battle essence or what ever it is called otherwise it will unbond and go poof....You will get a message in the bottom left corner (if you play CC, dunno about EC) that says your pet is lacking it's battle strength or something along those lines. When you see that message go spend the 250 silver and feed it.

18. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Flutter just said Fel Shame. If she was at a harrower then we can start testing in spawns.

OP never said what facet they did their spawn at or what kind of spawn. Neither said if they died to PVM or PVP, spells or melee hits.

This is extremely important we get more details to figure out if this is going to be limited to ethys or if it's going to branch out to any blessed gear. I guess we'll know if people start dropping blessed slithers.

19. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

I've had this happen in Doom over the past year, with normal mob auto-dismount. It's rare, but I've lost a couple ethy horses and chargers - get dismounted, and no statue pops into the backpack, nor is there one after logging/etc. I wonder if the same happened here - dismounted (due to death), no statue into the pack, therefore no statue to go onto the corpse?

20. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This happened to me with a spellbook quite some time back. Got rezzed, and no spellbook. We had GMs then, only had to wait a few minutes for one to show up, and he found it for me. When I asked, he said I had it all the time, but there were places in a backpack that were sometimes hidden, he had to take it apart? to find it. Weird, I know, but I accepted it.

21. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

I remember this happening years ago. Things would not be visible in the backpack, but technically they were still there, and the GM's would come and find it for you.

22. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Also had the same thing happen with a bed. Lost an item i set down on it, and couldnt find it. The GM came, took the bed apart in 4 sections (tis was before the Mag rubble, so I was really awed LOL) and handed it back to me. The key would be having a good response time, you can't find anything if it has decayed.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!