1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Keep-worthy "blanks"?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Wulf2k, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

What sorts of things are people wanting as blanks?

Came across a bracelet:
    Anat +9
    Enhance pots 5%
    FC 1 / 2

Was gonna have it unraveled, but thought it might have some potential for somebody. Wondering what other sorts of things I should sift out of my crap pile before unraveling.

FC jewels? FC 1/2 minimum jewels? Any skills on jewels better to have already instead of imbue after?

Quick weapons with FC? HCI? Specific weapon types? Or are non-jewels not even worth it without the excep bonus?

2. Mr X

Mr X Guest

Well blanks worth keeping will have max intensities like 15 HCI and nothing else. Other mods are not bad if you were intending to put them on there anyway, but the max intensities saves you the good resources. FC FCR3 HCI DCI will all save you relics and hard to get resources. LMC is the hardest since it uses relics and hard to get resources. So LMC 8 is a very nice blank. Also it depends on the other items you are running to fill in the missing pieces of your suit. So that varies to some degree on what different people consider good or not for them.

Ya unless you are getting mel caliber loot non exceptional weps are crap. Unless you are building throwaways then fine get a high mod or two to save you some resource gathering.

3. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Is it much cheaper to boost a property than it is to put it on from nothing?

Say I find a 1/1, 9% DCI. Is that a decent starting jewel for somebody, or not enough to matter unless it's already maxed?

4. Mr X

Mr X Guest

There is no discount for mods, same resources from scratch or dci 9 to make it 12. If 1/1 is all the casting you need/want that is fine it will save you the FC resources.

5. ScrubSlayer

ScrubSlayer Guest

can you stop your insanity sir its grossing me out... KELMO!

6. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

Dude, are you 13 years old or something? Those are some weak burns. :)

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm no expert, but basically I'd go for plain casting jewels, 2/1 or better 3/1 with not much else on.
    You can take an unwanted mod down to minimum to reduce the 'weight' it has, but you can't take it off.
    Imbuing doesn't 'boost' what's there, it overwrites, so it takes the same resources to get from 0 lrc to 20 lrc as it does from 9 lrc - 20 lrc, as an example.
    You could keep in mind which skill bonuses over write others. There's a chart for that on Player's Corner, or in the imbuing info on the site:
    http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31031

8. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

blank or 2 mod 0/3 rings are good; great for faction parry mages. I used one
    to build a dci 13, mage +13, lrc 17, 0/3 to round out my faction champ spawning suit.

blank 1/2 rings are nice.

If you get a jewel with either 10 plus hci or dci, that can be soldid gold as well. Nice secondary mods on these are..

LMC
    Fire resist
    Poison resist
    Enhance pots

Anything with a maxed out skill could be useful to the right person so long is there is room to imbue other stuff or if there is already good complimentary mods on something.

Blank 50 ep ecru rings are the greatest.
    if they have an extra mod that is lmc, hci, fc1, fcr, or dci they can be pretty usefull too.