1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeps / Castles still considered hard to get or rare?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Valerin, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Valerin

Valerin Guest

Just wondering, with the mass exodus from this game, is it still hard to get a Keep/Castle? Especially to find open lots to place? (just returned from 3 year break, not sure as to the current state of many things)
  2. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 19, 2009
  3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Oct 1, 2006
    Yea it depends on the shard, if you were willing to take Tower Sized most shards have plenty of spots that will hold one. If you want 18x18 customizable there are generally plenty of spots....

It's not that there isn't room for Keeps and Castles on most shards, it's that They are restricted to Felucca and Trammel only, this means they get snapped up quickly.
  4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Dread Lord

May 12, 2008
    *sighs* There are Keep spots for the taking where I play. You might even find a Castle lot if you look hard enough.
  5. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

Sep 18, 2003
  6. Jhym

Jhym Guest

LOL yeah, there's a hundred spots for castles, just waiting.

There's been no "exodus" that I'm aware of, though a lot of the really old spots have occasionally cleared as old IDOCs finally went. No castles recently as far as I know.
  7. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 20, 2006
    Keeps spots are not too hard to find if your willing to do alot of foot work, most shards. But keep in mind price might be worth it to buy one. On some shards they are dirt cheap.
    Infact on oceania 2 days ago, a lady gave away 3 castles and 2 luna houses.....
    I have seen castle spots on Origin reciently, dont quote me but you might get one there if thats where your playing. Now if your talking Atlantic ........ it will be a cold day in hell or cost you your first, second and third born to buy.

So you see it all depends on the shard.
  8. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jan 30, 2003
    What shard do you play? I can help you find keep spots on Legends.
  9. Ni-

Ni- Guest

They are still a bit rare on most shards, castles more-so. But the demand for them is also a little lower than they once were. That is partially due to them not being customizable. I've turned down the option to place a keep because I prefer the customizing ability of an 18x18.

I'm sure you could find a spot somewhere throughout the shards, which wasn't nearly as possible a half a decade ago. With the exception of Atlantic, as already mentioned.