1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tailoring] Ken-of-the-Lake

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by KenDuLac, Aug 17, 2009.

1. KenDuLac

KenDuLac Guest

How do you get the colored Bod Book Covers? I've looked everywhere and can't find this information.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

They were created as a special Japanese promotion last year. You can order them through the official UO store, uogamecodes.com . The set comes with 30 uses of each smith & tailor material color, plus one 30-use "natural" scroll to uncolor them O(though why anyone would EVER do that is beyond me).

New colors that don't correspond to in-game material colors were released as promos in Japan a month or so ago, but currently are only available to Japanese customers of the EA Japan's equivalent of the game codes site.

I recently saw a set of 11 books, 1 each colored for the different metal/leather types, sell for 1 million gold at an auction.

3. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Blimey - on Europa the coloured books sell for 15k each!

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

15k each is considerably less than the value of the cover.

1 bundle of 30 costs $3.25 US
    All 12 bundles as a set is $12.50 US

The prices in Japan were within about 10-15% of the US costs, IIRC.

Assuming that gold is $1 per million (the less a million is worth, the more gold is worth, and therefore also the covers. IF gold was 67 cents a million, multiply the gold numbers below by 1.5; if 50 cents a million, multiply gold by 2)

If bought as a set, that would be 12.5 million / 360 = 34,722 gold (effectively about 35k per cover)

If bought individually, that would be 3.25 million / 30 = 108k+ each.

If someone is selling them at 15k each, they are effectively selling them at 40% of their cost (maybe as low as 10% of cost) AT BEST.

If I saw them at 15k, I'd buy them even if I didn't need them, JUST TO RESELL at their real market value.