1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Key for Brittanian ship?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Chazztizer, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Chazztizer

Chazztizer Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

when I launched my ship the first time a few months ago, I seem to remember having keys like with the old boats. I have relaunched the boat and now I am not getting any keys. I am also unsure if my boat can be attacked in Fell if I am not in game or if it not being armed has any relevance to being attacked. Last ? is if I am attacked can I sell to town and avoid being destroyed?

2. MisPrinTed LiEs

MisPrinTed LiEs Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Britanian ship does not come with keys if I remember correctly. You should be issued a rune to put in a runebook. In addition, you can mark multiple runes while on the deck of the ship and put them in your bank or other secure location for safe-keeping.

You can be attacked in Fel, not sure about "if not in game" as I have never attacked a boat without a crew, next time I come across a ghost ship in Fel I will give it a try.

You can sail unless your boat becomes scuttled, in that case emergency repairs will need to be done so you can sail to land or port and make permanent repairs. Emergency repairs will buy you a short window of minutes, but you cant use your cannons while under the effect of emergency repairs. Also, using a tailor/carp toon to make the repairs will save you something like 50% less resources ( wood and cloth ) that are consumed when making boat repairs.

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You will receive a ship rune from the harbor master if you need one. Place your ship in the water and click the harbor master.

4. Chazztizer

Chazztizer Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thankyou both I will try those ideas !

5. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

If you leave a boat out in Fel, expect it to be scuttled when you return. They can definitely be attacked while you're offline.

6. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It can also be attacked when you are offline by NPC Pirates in Tram! I logged in last night recalled to my ship and found it under attack by NPC pirates. After a horrendously log battle complete with self-firing cannons on the pirate ship, we scuttled that *******!! ARRR! Take that ye scurvy dogs!!! However be warned if you leave you ship near Jehlom the pirates will attack.

7. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you leave your boat in Fel waters I will come scuttle it. I will also leave a note in your hold to let you know I was there ;)

Lord Frodo, Gamer_Goblin and azmodanb like this.
  8. Chazztizer

Chazztizer Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Not to seem stupid but does that include being parked in a harbor(attackable)

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

And if you are dumb enough to leave it in Fel waters I know several who will skuttle it for you and some leave you a cute note.

Flutter likes this.
  10. Ellie

Ellie Seasoned Veteran
    Gilfane

So the moral of the story is, dont leave your boat parked in fel waters. If your hold is full of stuff it wont be full of stuff after its scuttled. If you are doing the fishing quests the crates will still be there and the fish that was in them.

Chazztizer likes this.
  11. Chazztizer

Chazztizer Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Guys thanks for all the Chazztizing comments... Thanks to you I have figured out not to leave goods on the boat..........prob solved.(comm box) no one answered the ? can it be attacked at a dock? and no it sat at a dock for 36 hours and was not relocated. I guess I should have explained why I want to keep it at sea, this boat is for a bud who loves to mine... I have to party him so he can do as he wills. Every time we redeed the boat we have to meet and reparty. I was hoping to find a safe way to park boat...

12. Seelendolch

Seelendolch Adventurer

Let him use your boat for a few hours to fish up some mibs and then the mib chests and buy his own boat. Thats what i did(actually i bought a cheap boat first, not borrowed one) pull up about 6 or 7 chests and theres around 200k or so, just in gold, not to mention the legendaries that you can keep or use for imbuing, or sell.

13. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

When you're both on the the ship, you can click on him and select "Ship Access" and make him an officer so you don't have to be on at the same after that.

Chazztizer likes this.