1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Key Rings Working?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Connor_Graham, Oct 15, 2007.

1. I'd heard that key rings weren't working due to some bug. I was planning on taking the advice on Lockpicking on Stratics and crafting 100 boxes, then putting all the keys on a keyring, but was told by a few people that they weren't working anymore. Is this correct?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Heard no such thing.

3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

1 or 2 weeks ago i had one working fine. BUT ...
    Gaining lockpicking has changed a lot. Now you dont need to have 100 boxes. 1 box is enough. Besides that you can use the satyr-method for better gains.

4. UCCDog

UCCDog Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This is False I had one the other day worked fine

5. Ryna

Ryna Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The broken part of keyrings is that they cannot be stolen, and thusly fill up town chests that spawn them, eliminating other spawn items of the same group (square tool box, messy arrow stack).

6. Aah, ok, that clears that up then. Thanks!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

The satyr thing is awesome, really very handy.

8. So is it just a regular Wooden Box? Or is there a certain kind?

9. Ryna

Ryna Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Normal kind, but it (obviously) has to have a lock.

I think the skill of the tinkering matter, but the skill of the carpentry does not.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

The level of tinkering matters - I think you are supposed to have the tinkering skill at around 10-20 points higher than the LP skill, which is why you get stuck around 96ish LP and have to do dungeon chests (or used to have to do).

Not sure but I think that satyrs disco 20% of the skill off of you, I haven't been in a while since the most recent characters I've trained have been training in hiding and stealth and disco, things that require you to be hidden, which breaks the disco the satyr has on you.