1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Khaldun dungeon Poll

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jirel of Joiry, Dec 17, 2009.

?

Should the Devs fix and maybe relocate the Magincia spawn to Khaldun dungeon?

1. Yes! Fix it and move the Magincia spawn in there.

14.9%
  2. Fix it but please don't move the Magincia spawn in there.

51.1%
  3. No, don't fix it leave it the way it is.

8.5%
  4. I don't care, because its in Fel and I don't play in Fel!

19.1%
  5. We have a dungeon named Khaldun???

6.4%
  1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As some of you may or may not know poor ole Khaldun Dungeon is broken and in need of some TLC. So I thought I'd post a poll and see how many people would be intrested in seeing Khaldun fixed or not.

Thank you for taking the time to read and participate in this poll.

Jirel

2. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

What is broken in Khaldun? The last time I was there, everything was ok.

3. Jirel of Joiry

Well the first thing is the Anceint Liches ...they've been AWOL for quite awhile now and since Khalhun is/was the ONLY place in UO they spawned that makes them extinct! :sad2: I'd love for the devs to put them back.

Secondly dying there is a whole adventure in its self.

You can not be rezzed in Khaldun so you have to go outside. Well that was until the No-Ghosts-in-Champ-spawn fix.

Since Khaldun is located in T2A when you walk out of the dungeon you walk right smack into a champ spawn area. As result of the fix you are now immediately transported to a Shrine.

I died three times in Khaldun the other day and I was taken to Justice the first time, honor the second time and compassion the third time. Hellva run to get back to a T2A entrance and the to run to Khaldun entrance.

I don't mind running but this is a bit much. And obviously you can't gate or recall cause T2A Fel is one big champ spawn.

I'd love to see poor old Khaldun gets some lovin', it's really a neat dungeon.

4. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

I was always fascinated with Khaldun, and the mysteries in it. I would definitely like it fixed. But why the Magincia spawn? I don't see how that fits.

Edit: I left a suggestion in the Magincia thread for the spawn and threads and whatnot.

5. Jirel of Joiry

I was just thinking that since the Magincia spawn was rather unusal (as UO goes) and Khaldun in its self is a unusal and mysterious dungeon I though it'd be a good match.

However its only just an idea and I wouldn't want anything implemented that the majority wouldn't like.

I'd kinda like to see to see the old Khaldun lights brought back as a stealable; maybe add some other stealables in there. I don't know it has so many possibilities and so much potential!!

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

How about reopening Trammel Khaldun and moving the Mag spawn there?

7. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

move it to tram, lift the ban on resurrection. maybe add a few ankhs.

i like ankhs in dungeons, it makes it nice when your in there solo.

every dungeon should have a couple..

8. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Khaldun is on a long list of dungeons which need some love. Currently, there's no reason to visit dungeons like Khaldun, Wrong, Shame, Hythloth, Fan Dancer Dojo, etc besides fame farming or curiosity. And most of them don't even offer good fame opportunities.

A better dynamic spawn system and AI improvements could go a long way in helping the "other" dungeons become attractive again. I'm not sure any spawn or loot changes will help unless it's tied to a complete expansion.

9. There's a whole room full of them in Ilsh. We passed through it on the way through the Spring Cleaning 25k point ticket quest. That's gotta be one mean ass room though.

10. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Must be a shard specific spawn.

AL don't normally spawn anywhere but Khaldun (although there's a renowned AL mini-boss in the Abyss)

11. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Actually, the Ancient Liches there seem to have been removed at some point since then.

12. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

After you rez just recall to the north minoc entrance. Takes like 2 minutes to get back inside khaldun from there.

13. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie

There is no recall on siege so you don't have charges in rune book to use. There is no way to get back to you body since all your armor and regs are on your corpse.

14. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I well know how Siege works. Jirel is talking about production shards. Siege is hard, suck it up.

15. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

And as an addendum, after you get sent to a shrine, it is an easy journey to your bankbox to get more regs, then gate to north minoc, etc. Still a fast trip.

16. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

:lol:

17. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Yes.

18. Luc of Legends

Luc of Legends Seasoned Veteran

Not to derail this but since what i am wondering about is about of Khaldun...

I know they fixed the puzzle or puzzles in there. Didn't the puzzle have some thing to do with the light and Khaldun sword that spawned.

i like to see the sword spawn again.. :)

Luc

19. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It's a good idea to revamp Khaldun, but moving it to Tram won't help. That's the thing that makes it special, that it's fel only. It' wouldn't be any fuller in Trammel. but a few rewards would be nice. I think making the threads spawn there would be a good idea.