1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Kiatha the Archer in Blackthorns Castle

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dag Nabbit, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Dag Nabbit

Dag Nabbit Seasoned Veteran

Went solo'ing around Blackthorns castle for the first time(finally catching up on game content),and so far it's pretty good. Because it has been a long time when I last fought liches,I had forgotten how fast they can cast flamestrikes. But that's another story. My question is what's the deal with Kiatha the Archer in Blackthorns Castle? An invulnerable(yellow named) npc that can attack? What's the deal with that?

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

IsnĀ“t that how they first start out down there? The "town bosses" I mean.

They start as an NPC but once they attack they change colour if I remember correctly from the town invasions.

3. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

It is one of the invasion leaders. To make them vulnerable you first have to kill off all the creatures guarding them.

Dag Nabbit likes this.
  4. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Back in October last year, towns were attacked by Minax's 'captains' - http://uo2.stratics.com/posts/42488

In game fiction, the ending of those invasions came when Blackthorn magically redirected the invaders into copies of pieces of the towns they attacked, those town segments are in his new dungeon and the magical barriers prevent the invasion troops escaping the area.

Fighting the 'dungeon versions' is pretty similar to fighting the originals invasion, but with less space to manoeuvre - kill off the lesser stuff to make the Captains vulnerable, kill Captains to make the beacon vulnerable. I seem to remember it takes three 'waves' of attacks to desroy the beacon - after each 'wave' you destroy, it becomes vulnerable for a short time (I think it's actually for 'as long as it takes for people to do 1/3 of it's HP in damage?), then it resets to invulnerable and the next wave of attacks begins soon after. The dungeon invasions rotate randomly around the small city areas, once one is totally defeated and the beacon there destroyed, a new one will come along in a few minutes.

5. Dag Nabbit

Dag Nabbit Seasoned Veteran

That I understand,but at the time there weren't any minions near that yellow npc. After using 'all names' to see if anything was around it,I only saw a lone giant serpent a good distance away.

6. SlayerofBunnys

SlayerofBunnys Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It was the giant serpent that needed to be killed. I did and the archer is now red.

Dag Nabbit likes this.
  7. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

8. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

CHA CHA CHA!

whiterabbit likes this.
  9. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Anyone try the Vorpal Blade on these "NPC" captains? I just remembered, weren't they supposed to kill NPC characters?