1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Kill the Covetous Dragon!!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I'm going to host this some time during the week, who would be interested? I'd love to get members of GIL, LOW, KOC, TnT, WCB, NEW, etc involved. Just to show that we can take it down.

2. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

i want to kill that *******

3. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

4. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I have pics of it, and its animal lore scroll. Each page. Here is the low down on it.

Name: Sudiva
    Old quest dragon, Apprently cant be harmed, though is grey, but doesnt attack, but is attackable.
    HP:???/????
    Stam: 442/442
    Mana: 79/79
    STR:2759
    Dex:282
    Int: 79
    Bard: ---
    Resists: 99% all

Damage: 50% fire/50% Phys
    Base Damage: 28-55

Skills:
    Wrestle 160
    Tactics 160
    Resist 150
    Anatomy 100
    Poison ---
    Magery ---
    EI ---
    Med ---

Now, it can be hurt. I will tell you this. Its one tough bugger, But I can harm it. I have seen a small sliver of red on its bar. Though even with 120/120 lore vet, i cant keep my drag alive over 1 min. Now all be it my crap drag (test drag) only has early 800HP, and not 996 like my PvM drag. But it gets hit for 60-90 damage with 77% phys resist.

My Drag can hit the drag for melee 20-30, and 10-20 for magery spells (wth 108 mage, and 101 EI).

Its doable I think. It seems to have a regen property. As its red sliver will pop back to full quickly. However, I think its worth a shot. Would need about 6 Drags (more the better). And a mountain of aids. I think 3 120/120 vetters on the drag getting hit, and it would be good. But as many as we can get would be great. EVs wont work. It hits them for over 200. And im not sure if its auto dispel. But there is no poof for dispel, and no exloding purple fountain for death. Just gone.

I dont have anywhere to host pics. But I do have 4 of its lore scroll, and 1 of it after an EB, getting hit for 10, and having a sliver of red on its bar.

5. Hef

Hef Guest

Ill bring a naked Tamer :) with 10 million aids

6. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Thats all that would be needed. 5 each reg (to heal if Liches attack on the way), and a gate home after we kill it.

7. Queen Amy

Queen Amy Guest

7 greater dragons + one rune beetle + 20 archers could probably take it down...

8. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

5-10 Greater Dragons, 1 Beetle, 2-3 Chiv Archers, Cpl Mages be all good.

9. have you guys forgot that we are on siege?

only 8 pets can attack a monster at a time, the only way to go above this number, is to mount, shove, dismount, all kill

i believe this will mean only 16 pets can attack at one time, but 8 have to be mountable

10. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

what is this thing?

ps..im guessing getting a disco off near impossible?

11. barding difficulty is capped at 160, no matter how strong, that means with slayer instrument, you have 30% chance to disco

that being said, it is either immune to barding, or 160 difficulty

as for the first question, it is a named dragon at the bottom of covetous, most people dont even know this exists, and i dont think it has ever been killed on any shard

12. Anal_Ferret

Anal_Ferret Visitor

u may count on me..

ehm.. at least i can watch ur back
    =)

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Sudiva is part of the candle of love quest. Before that there used to be a dragon down there, and I think a couple of drakes?

I did a search, here's a quote

14. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Need someone to keep the pesky drakes at bay as well.

15. where do you find the candle of love quest?

16. i can peace them, or insta kill them =]

17. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There is no limit as to the number of pets attacking anything. If space is an issue, the tamer needs to simply walk over and log in/out (if using a drag). Disco'ing it would only reduce the stats by 1% according to tamer forums. Peacing might be handy, not sure though. Anyone know if it does area attack?

18. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The quest was a short term event, it's now over, sorry.

19. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Well we made an attempt last night. And let me tell you we will need an army. We had 3 Gdrags, a mare, and rune beetle (for armor corrupt). And no go. It seems to have a stupid high regen. We tried again with a different mix, and no luck. Although its 99% phys. I brought my blue hiryu down, and if I got two lower resist hits, I got its phys down to 73%. So i think an army of drags, and then a few hiryus. Archers would help too. Two or 3 vet could easily keep a drag alive, so thats not an issue.

*edit*
    And its stupid high regen, is gonna be estimated at about 75-100 HP per sec. We could get it red, but before the drags would bite again, it would go back to full bar. Now with this said I dont think it has that many HP. Because with my drag solo I could get red slivers.

20. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

Nah it's been killed i believe it was on atlantic or catskills... the sad part for everyone and doesn't drop anything great like it should lol..

21. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

there is nothing down there but that dragon now and it is passive with no area attack.
    most times my pets were doing 1 pt damage and randomly getting in a 10-50 hit about 1/6 hits.

I think most we had on it was 4 dragons so we need to try 6-10 at least.

Lorddog

22. Daleth

Daleth Guest

Don't do it on a Monday or Wend I'll come. Just icq me or something to let me know.

23. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ya gonna need a good amount of drags, and I think 2-3 hiryus would work well. As the lower phys resist attacks stack. We could get its phys down to around 50% with 2 Hiryus, which will allow the drags to do about 150 hits each if not more

24. Black magick

Black magick Guest

I'd help out on my mage.

25. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

And I know that the loot wont be good, but I dont think that is the point. This is byfar the toughest creature in the game. Riktor is pretty tough, Crimmy dragons are pretty tough. But when multiple drags dont even scratch this thing (well a bit, then it regens), its the toughest. Cause a few drags at riktor might not be the best, you can still kill it, with a lot of vet.

It would be nice to see the shard come together and atleast kill this thing once. To say its been done.

Now im thinking back a long ways, but pre-fel monster changes didnt there used to be an ancient wyrm, or shadow wyrm down there? Or am I completely out to lunch?

26. whats this about having an army of dragons?

as if dragons are the best pets or something?

yea they make good tanks, but they pale in conparisson to some of the other pet combos in damage

it would be best to have at least one hiryu, and one rune beetle

1-3 dragons, for spare tanks

then the rest should be things like bake wyrm, or bake bake serpent

i myself will be bringin 5 frenzied ostards, who each do the meelee damage of a white wyrm easy (around 70 damage a shot)

27. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Although it doesnt switch targets much. There was a few times it would hit the one mare. Now although it wasnt massive HP taken. About 1/3 health, and only seemed to be on the mare. It might be too much to try and overcome. Although really, if anyone wanted to might aswell bring ostards. The most important thing is that it has stong melee attacks. Who cares about magic attacks. Since its 99% resist in all areas, and a rune beetle will do corrupt armor. Im not sure that this affects this drag. Even if it did. Magic based animals is pretty useless to bring. Since hiryu will be the most effective way of lowering its physical resistance. So with that being lowered and the rest being at 99%, im gonna say anything with stong melee is the best bet. So I dont think bakes are what is in order.

28. SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran

SHARD EVENT KILL THE DRAGON LETS DOOOO IT!

29. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I was in a guild on Atl that tried it and we had everything, including a plumber throwing kitchen sinks at it!

All kidding aside we hade 8 GD a few random pets and about 8 archers and we got it to about 50% and sadi screw it, 3 hours....

That being said I say we kill that mofo and then post the pics in Uhall!!

let me know the date and time!!!

30. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

yes- please post time and date. This thief will be there with his meager magery, and a chest full of rez scrolls. Kegs of heals and cures. Regs and bandages.
    Let it never be said that thieves are not community minded.
    What else could this person bring to asisst? arrows? food for pets?

31. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I think it would be a great help for blue characters with no enemies of other guilds/factions used 50EP and threw greater explosions by the keg.

32. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable

I could do that! I would even bring conflag pots and try to BBQ him!
    GM Alchy + 50%EP ring :D

However, wouldn't he then try to eat me?? I know there are other "bombers" out there that could do this as well.

I would suggest trying this on the weekend,late afternoon or early evening when we can get people from ALL timezones to participate. If we do it at Night, EST, then we leave out the Europeans who are asleep at that time!

33. Doh, ...
    worked? if not :spider:

Kill that dragon!

34. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

HA! This character has alchemy, and ecru ring. Have killed some fairly irritable creatures with that combination.
    On another thought- what about greater confusion blast? If this thief throws such potions at dragon, would it only interupt its' attack, or players pets as well? Might be method to reduce its' attacking.

35. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hello Ms. Patty Pickaxe! We shall throw our potions together! We shall stay out of attack range. If we wear decent armor, we should fare well enough.

This one shall bring magery, rezzing scrolls, kegs of potions for healing/curing/stamina. I am also training spellweaving. Let all spellweavers make magic crystals, and send fey and natures furies at it as well. Words of death.

Patty, I shall attempt to place gift of life on any potion throwers present also. This one shall check his stable. If he does not own blue beetle, then he wishes to purchase one before date. He can fill beetle with kegs of potions, regs, and bandages.

This one is excited.

36. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Really the drag only focuses on one target. Doesnt do too much switching. There is the odd hit to a pet beside. But if we had drags/hyrius on it, it would never bother bombers, archers. Mages are useless on it. Since we arent gonna lower it magic resistance. So i think cross heals on pets would be alright. Or maybe a FF up at all times. But really physical is where its gonna be. Cause we can lower its physical resist quiet easily. Though hell, if a mage wants to cast away. LRC it up, and every bit does help. But dont expect to do more than 20-30 damage with FS at 120/120

37. Daleth

Daleth Guest

So when are we going to do it? My last class is Feb 25 and I don't start again till Mar 02 so that whole week in the eve is good for me.

38. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Is this really possible?

39. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Magic resist only goes against curses, and on that note evil omen ftw. @touzoko gift of life only works on the caster or his bonded pet.

40. Daleth

Daleth Guest

Is what really possible killing the dragon or me having a whole week of evenings with nothing to do but play UO?

41. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*chuckles* Enjoy the week... I was speaking of the dragon... and perhaps the teamwork?

42. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes!!!
    All siege- crafters, mages, necros, pallys, sammys, ninjas, thieves, warriors- everyone!
    Kill the dragon! It will be fun! Later, we can kill each other. But for one brief moment, one shining example, let siege band together to bring down this stupid dragon that plagues everyone everywhere.
    Can't be done- Bah!!
    People love or hate siege. This thief has heard people malign us as to our fighting ability and play style. How many other shards has killed this dragon? One? Siege has finest example of players anywhere, anytime. This shard can kill dumb dragon. This thief fills with pride considering his shard and players within. We shall all fill bellies with bar-b-qued dragon, and then resume killing each other.

43. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*smiles* I was there when Siege gather to clear the ophidians not once, but twice. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then...

44. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

ah, that is to bad. But this one shall rez anyone with scrolls anyway. Death to dragon. Long live siege.
    Down with casca lol.

45. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

dog has lent nezumi-kozo beetle. He will feed and attempt to bond before event.
    This is very good idea. This player looks forward heartily to event, and any up-dates to event.

46. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed

This sounds way cool. I'd do it, I'd guess from reading this thread, on a fully loaded support beetle along with 3-4 frenzies with my tamer/mage. I get the feeling that my regular dragons might be in the way on this as I'm not up to speed on the newer pets. I'm good I think for support - killing the drakes and peripheral stuff along with healing folks/pets along with pet/people resurrection.

Whenever this happens it would be great if there was a couple days lead time.

Jack Nickelson

47. Is that the golfer or actor?

48. tristo

tristo Guest

Yeah I'd be down to help out. I love events like this that bring everyone together. I have a 120 tame/lore/vet mage. I can help healing pets. Let's do this thing. When?

49. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

actually, any thief with ninja skill can assist very well. Use poison darts/shuriken to kill drakes and lesser critters. There is a place- an important one- for almost anyone with any abilities.

50. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Or a thief who has been working his alchemy. >:p Bombs away...la