1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Killed on a boat

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Hariss, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Hariss

Hariss Guest

I was killed on a boat by a water elemental and it took some time to get rezzed and get back to it. My body was all decayed (seemed pretty quick) and my stuff gone but there was a bunch of other stuff on the deck that was not mine. Any ideas where they came from? Thanks.
  2. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 20, 2008
    Were the doors to your boat locked? Was anything in the hatch missing? Was the water elemental anywhere to be found?
    Other players can leave items on the deck of your boat, take them out for joy rides etc etc.

Sometimes bodies can be hard to see on a boat. I had an issue where I came back 30 seconds after I died and I couldn't find my corpse. Logged out and logged back in and it reappeared.
  3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    Next time this happens press ctrl+shift (in the 2d client) and it will pop up a bunch of bubbles. This should enable you to find your corpse if it fell below deck or something.

As for the other items left behind, they might be from someone else. I am notorious for taking unlocked boats out and going for a ride.
  4. Locker

Locker Guest

That ctrl-shift thing works on the KR client as well to bring up object labels for everything on the screen. Good suggestion.