1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Kind request to the Devs: Rough timeline for next event?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by hawkeye_pike, Sep 23, 2008.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Hello Development Team!

I understand that the next update (which contains the stuff for the next event) is probably something quite challenging and complex, and thus it has to be thoroughly tested before being published. I appreciate your diligence and that you're not rushing to push out new things risking a lot of problems and bugs!

However, people are anxiously waiting for news about the continuance of the Shadow Invasion events. I'm actually trying to plan appointmens in my private life around this event. That shows how crazy we all are about your game! :)

My request:
    Could you give us a rough estimation on when you expect this event to start? Maybe in weeks? I wouldn't want to miss anything, and I guess it's the same with all the other players.

Thank you!

2. hawkeye_pike

Stratics Veteran

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

I don't believe it will make it to Test Center this week - stuff is just trickling in to QA now. I should know more by later in the week if it will be hitting next week.

4. envinyatar

envinyatar Guest

Thanks for the update, Jeremy. *runs off to glom up more seeds* :D

5. hawkeye_pike

Stratics Veteran

Thank you for the update!

*calculates*
    *probably on TC next week*
    *plus a few days of testing*
    *event won't start by the end of next week*
    *given that events usually start on Saturdays, estimating October 11th*

*grins*

Of course, above thoughts are merely my personal estimation.

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the update.

If I might make a suggestion, it would be to re-activate The Six for another week or so.

Try to regain some of the stalled momentum.

Also some fiction about how the government is hobbling along basically with no one at the helm.

People are forgetting about the event. Those of us who haven't are getting frustrated.

I am glad you're not rushing it. Very glad. But momentum is important too.

Spawn the non-bugged members of The Six in random locations. Have an occasional Vanguard spawn in random locations for no obvious reason, with a "boss" that is a paragon Vanguard and has a 1 in 100 chance of dropping a Doom Arti, a Peerless-only set piece, or a Cincture.

-Galen's player

7. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

We need events on a more regular basis... I can't remember anything other than Moonglow, and part of Magincia.

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

um ... are you sure that's a wise idea. When they appeared, they appeared to be just exploring casually ... force them back and they might get ... um ... upset.