1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Kinda weird - software issue?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vhyle, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Vhyle

Vhyle Guest

I'm running UO 9th Anniv. on an HP G60 laptop with Vista Ultimate.

When I run UO (the game runs fine, for the record), there will be two separate processes for the game. I noticed this because as the game is running, there's two UOs in the taskbar. I open the task manager, and see there's a separate process for the client, and another one for UO.exe. 9 times out of 10, this will happen. Occasionally, it'll open properly.

It happens in the 'Ultima Online is loading...' screen.

I can close the UO.exe in the task manager, and the game will continue to run fine. After I quit UO, the client itself closes properly, but UO.exe stays open, until I close it in the task manager. THe kicker is that it takes an average of 50% resources at all times. My laptop will be almost at 100% all the time, with the game running, if I don't close the UO.exe process.

Nothing crashes or anything, it's just annoying to close that thing through the task manager all the time. Does this happen to anyone else?

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you can fix this by changing your windows theme from Vista Aero to Windows basic

3. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

don't have to do that - just right click uo.exe and go to properties, then the Compatibility tab, then check the checkbox for Disable visual themes

4. Vhyle

Vhyle Guest

Hmm, didn't work. I tried that on both the .exe and the client.

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

changing the windows theme didn't work? you can run directly from client and you won't get that little sticky window, I think

6. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i just min all windows when I have the 2 uo ones and then when you max the correct uo window the other goes away.

7. Vhyle

Vhyle Guest

Hey, that worked. Awesome. :party: