1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

KR Bug with Dual Core CPU's

Discussion in 'UHall' started by chrisjwhite, Oct 12, 2008.

1. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I Also Posted this is the KR Bugs Thread, but thought more would see it here and test it out.

Found what I believe is a bug with KR. My char was running around and most times it was pretty jerky. Opening containers within containers was a pain, sometimes had to d-click fast, other times not so fast, sometimes the containers would dissapear. (This also applies to runebooks and probably spell books). I opened up Taskmanager and gave UOKR High Priority, still didn't help. I then noticed a "Set Affinity" option in Taskmanager. It sets the process to only use one of the 2 CPU cores. Once I set that, everything ran smoothly but slower. Running was pretty slow (too slow). Can anyone else test this as well? Rightclick on UOKR.exe in Taskmanager, and choose Set Affinity and select one of the CPU's.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 3072MB RAM
    Page File: 890MB used, 4039MB available
    Graphics Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB

2. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Sounds like my experience, except I didn't care enough to try and fix it.

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

4. Clarifier

Clarifier Guest

I have the same cpu you do and have had similar issues with a few games (gta:sa,doom 3, warcraft 3, civ 4, and kr). I got a free program called THG Task Assignment Manager. It allows you to specify a programs affinity then so long as the tool is running when that program is launched it will automatically set the affinity for you. Hope that's of some help to you :)