1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

KR Client > All

Discussion in 'UHall' started by BludLustinBusta, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Bara

Bara Guest

Yes! That's the KR I know and love.
  2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Video card and Direct X updates... look into them.
  3. Green Meanie

Green Meanie Guest

that does look terrible.... I have played kr and its always looked better than that but i cant play kr becouse it (at least not last time i tryed about a month ago) had terrible targeting and didnt even support the basic scroll up for 1 target and down for another option ive grown so used to. Between that and it seems like even though i ping way less on the kr client and i have WAY WAY WAY past the requirments i suffer latency while running it
  4. Sabbath

Sabbath Guest

How is that even possible? That looks like you worked it over in MS Paint (not saying you actually did - it just looks like it).
  5. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

You took a screenshot of a graphics glitch...
    Do you want a cookie?
  6. KR/SA not bad but dont force it on people !!! end of story
  7. DPudding

DPudding Guest

No one is gonna use the SA client anyway. 2d is here to stay!
  8. Ravahan

Ravahan Guest

I've always said this, as have many others. UO persisting with the seriously old 2d client will be its death from lack of new subscribers. If they could actually get a WORKING upgraded client, we might see some new blood around here.. but no one will touch the game when it look like it was drawn with cutting edge Crayola technology, nor will they play (unless they're seriously stoned) if the game looks like Picasso did the graphics.

To the OP... wtf? It almost looks like you're in Luna, but I see an orc...? Bizzarre shot lol, thanks for sharin'
  9. VorteXPete

VorteXPete Guest

Wow! I guess i should stop playing KR before that happens to me too!!! How do I get 2D before this happens? how many floppies is it on?
  10. Bara

Bara Guest

I get the feeling that people are missing the satire here. :)
  11. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Annnnnd you know this .... how?

u got some crystal ball that tells the marketing future of a product before YOU or ANYONE has even seen more than screenies?

Sheesh ... and KR runs just fine now that I have a bit more horsepower "under the hood".
  12. Bara

Bara Guest

Mmmm. Yummy Satire.

Seriously, KR is highly playable. It has some glitches that I hope are not overlooked since the dev. team has decided to focus on 2d as the default visual interface of SA. However, I find it highly playable and value it's interface and the power of it's tools enough that I choose to run it instead of 2d, regardless of it's flaws.
  13. It's a joke. I use KR and have nothing against it.

I just thought it was funny that I was fighting a General and my screen exploded into modern art.

I'm glad some people got a laugh out of it at least.
  14. Zy'ana

Zy'ana Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 10, 2008
    Anybody see the WoW interface there at all? health bar top left, map top right, backpack, buttons along the bottom?
    Dont get me wrong, i played wow, quit come back to uo... Hmm interesting, maybe they are of the stance, 'if u cant beat em, join em'? In that case i want AH and internal mail system too!!
  15. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 14, 2006
    That is just the way he has it setup. Watch...

And compare with...

Easy to get the UI looking like 2D.
  16. Bara

Bara Guest

Hmm, I prefer the more pragmatic: "If an idea is good, then it's a good idea".

For all it's goodness, the original uo interface is clucky and unintuitive. Many are just too used to it to realize it. It's like the old proverb of an elephant who grew up being held to a tiny wooden stake.

I see nothing wrong with improving it, especially when it gives players the tools to emulate the old interface.

I've played ultima a long time, it was my first MMO, and I've always setup my screen to have my tabs in a row, on the bottom of my screen, my health bars at the top left, my map at the top right, and my backpack at the bottom right. It's not a coincidence, it's simply logical. I just think it's nice that I can't accidentally click my tabs and have them magically disappear (like in the 2d interface). I like that I actually get to use most of my screen, rather than having massive bars of black framing the bottom and right.

Edit: For the record: I'm not saying KR IS TEH AWESOME. It has it's faults, just like everything. I'm simply voicing why I enjoy it.
  17. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 23, 2006
    I really don't want people to come to this game because of "eye-candy.." thats why people play WoW over UO in the first place.. (although the gameplay of UO is much much better than WoW can ever hope to be)

Oh sure id love to try the KR client, and fool around with it.. ive been waiting for that box to show up at the Best Buy.. EA? any help? Oh wait.. the "help" button and EA dont mix..

Wheres that outsourced EA Indian-telemarketing number? Ill call them and maybe Habibbi can help me out.
  18. canary

canary Guest

How unimaginative. :sleep2: I must confess this is one of the most inane 'comebacks' that tends to get used.
  19. Bara

Bara Guest

I believe that if it was just the eye candy, then it would have died like so many other flashy, but uninspired mmos. People do enjoy it. It's actually a pretty fun game. Uo has tons more depth in areas that matter to me, but wow isn't superficial either. It's just a different kind of depth.

I guess it's all a matter of your capacity to appreciate the qualities of something even if you don't happen to like it.

Edit: Nice video Sneaky!
  20. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003