1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] KR Crafting gump?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Jermosh, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

I thought the KR Crafting gump was a great addition to that client. But it seems they are useing the 2D gump and we dont have the same abilities as in the KR one, like being able to make a certain amount of an item, or being able to make all. Or am I not finding it?

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

From the Stratics House of Commons:

Question:Another crafting question: Will the crafting menus (2D & SA) be getting the "Mark as Quest Item", and "Make Number" options, that were present in KR? If so, any ETA?

Bleak: We’ve made some improvements to the original crafting gump in Stygian Abyss. When the expansion is released players will have access to these options in both clients.

Draconi: I should mention that the only reason you don’t have the updated crafting functionality when we released the SA client beta is because it’s actually server-based code, which won’t come out until we release SA.

http://www.uoledger.com/stratics-house-of-commons-hosts-live-qa-with-uo-team/

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This has been mentioned before.
    As per Draconi's information in the Stratics HoC chat, the crafting gump with 'make number' option etc is server side code, not client code, therefore we have to wait for the expansion. However it will then be in *both* clients.

4. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Sweet, thanks for info. I was away for a month long vacation and need to catch up. Other then the graphics I am loving it so far.

5. Adam Randall

Adam Randall Guest

So why does it work for KR right now, if it is server code?

6. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Because they're implementing it differently this time, so it can be in both clients.