1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

KR is to Vista what SA is to Windows 7

Discussion in 'UHall' started by donjn, Jul 30, 2009.

1. donjn

donjn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I like to draw comparisons and this one I could not resist.

It seems that SA already is a much better client. It runs better, and feels less buggy and bogged down. Yet at the same time it still uses a lot of the KR technology.

This totally reminds me of the upcoming Windows 7 which is already being heralded as one of the best if not THE BEST OS that Microsoft has ever made. Yet it uses some of the original Vista ideas.

This leads me to believe the philosophy that sometimes a complete overhaul is not needed.

2. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Well.. since I havnt tested the SA client yet, I cant say.
    But Iam downloading it atm.... and Iam doing so on a Windows 7, so I hope you are right.... Windows 7 is way better than Vista.... and I kinda hope the same for the SA client :)

3. Valitir

Valitir Guest

An interesting story is about the telephone, and who got the patent for it, and why.

Kinda crazy that the difference turned out to be something so absolutely infinitesimal.

Neat, but kinda crazy, for sure!

4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I'll have to agree with you, SA is a smoother running client with all the better features of KR (well almost). Only thing is that it's a graphical step backwards, better than the old 2D worse than KR.

5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

KR is to SA what the Volt Concept is to the Volt Production model.